Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How was your week? Feb 10 Edition [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JenSw wrote:
Awesome! My MRI came back negative for a tear but I don't feel like I got a good explanation for my pain from the Dr when he called me. I'm thinking about getting a second opinion.

I tried running again but it was really painful. I'm not sure what to do from here except continue PT.

It's been a really long road for me to get to a diagnosis. I've been at this since October. Honestly, I have been dealing with this for years but working on the wrong things.

If you don't feel like your issues are getting resolved or that it all makes sense, go see someone else. Keep seeing people until someone takes your whole history into account and has an answer for all of your questions that makes sense to you.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb 10 Edition [katcycle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
katcycle, that is good news. Thank you for the update. Are you able to water-run?
I am not sure how much kicking is too much, but you can do a lot with pulling. With a buoy, with a band, with both, with paddles... laying on your back and sculling is great for feel of the water... can you stairmaster? I hate the elliptical but love the stairmaster...

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
glad the MRI was neg. for a tear - but do they have any idea what IS actually wrong?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Arrgh, I know that must be so frustrating. When you say you didn't get a good explanation, do you think talking more with the doc, asking more questions would help you understand better? What does the doc say when you ask what is wrong? In other words, is it a communication issue or has the doc ruled out a bunch of things and doesn't know?

Are you seeing a doc that specializes win working with athletes? That can make all the difference, particularly if they are comfortable and experienced in working with female athletes.

Finally, if all the obvious have been ruled out, I would wonder about something further up the kinetic chain, like ITB issues, is going on.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply

Prev Next