Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo "Super" Prodigy???
Quote | Reply
Can anyone help me understand what is actually different between the 2002 Prodigy and the new 2003 Super Prodigy? The Cervelo websites indicates a change in tubing, but I'm not clear as to what is different about the new tubing spec. and how this has created a new and improved frame/ride/etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo "Super" Prodigy??? [texicans] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We'll have to hear from Gerard on this but if they changed the tubing (and they did)that could account for an enormous difference.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gerard posted something about this not long ago. Can't remember the details but something about one/some of the tubes being an upgrade to what the Rennaisance was using. Must be a fabulous smooth ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gerard,

If you can, please comment on my questions regarding the new Cervelo Super Prodigy... Saw you post earlier today, thought you might be catching up on recent forum postings. All your input is welcomed.

Regards.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, first of all there is no "the Renaissance". All three model years of Renaissances are slightly different, be it in some detailed production technique or in the spec of one or two tubes.

Comparing the SuperProdigy to the Prodigy and "the Renaissance", the SuperProdigy has the same tubeset as the Renaissance would have had we not discontinued it this year, with the exception of the chainstays. The chainstays we use on the SuperProdigy are a bit stiffer (and therefore heavier) than the Renaissance chainstays. The other difference is that the SuperProdigy has the nickel plating from the Prodigy, whereas the Renaissance had no such protection (and therefore the owner had a great responsibility to take care of his/her frame). Of course, this isn't to say that now you can neglect your SuperProdigy (or any frame), it is still steel so I would recommend using framesaver for the inside of the frame.

I hope that's clear.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply