Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lance Armstrong on Charlie Rose
Quote | Reply
Check your local listings.

Wednesday, October 15, 2003 at 11:00 p.m. ET. (Topics subject to change.)
- Tonight's Show
LANCE ARMSTRONG
Cyclist
Author, "Every Second Counts"

To order tapes and transcripts go to:
http://www.charlierose.com/shop/
Quote Reply
Re: Lance Armstrong on Charlie Rose [trijive] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any idea what network? I have to admit I have no idea who Charlie Rose is.

- Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
P. J. O'Rourke
Quote Reply
Re: Lance Armstrong on Charlie Rose [trijive] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Charlie Rose is on PBS in my area.
Quote Reply
it was on late [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I caught what seemed to be the last half hour of it (11:30 p.m. -12:00 a.m.) Interesting interview. Lance kinda bouced around subjects and topics a lot. It was a little hard to follow (almost like he's got ADHD, which Charlie, all in fun kind of pointed at, though Lance quickly denied it.)

Still though, neat to see a cyclist on TV.

-
Quote Reply
Re: it was on late [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Interesting interview. Lance kinda bouced around subjects and topics a lot. It was a little hard to follow..."

I saw the whole interview. In fairness to Lance, Charlie was asking multi-part questions. When Lance answered the first part, Charlie would ask another question before Lance could answer the second part of the original question. That caused much of the bouncing around.

LA did indicate he would train much harder for next year's TDF because of the closeness this year. He also said he thought Ullrich was a better cyclist, and implied he wins because Potal is a better team. It was also implied that part of the reason for his problems were due to the turmoil in his marriage during critical training time.

The best quote was something like, "It's much easier to be in pain for a few hours than it is to have not pushed yourself and have the pain of losing for years."

Like many great athletes, LA downplayed his greatness. Charlie also pressed him about what he will do if he wins #6 next year. Charlie thought he might retire, while LA was more inclined to think about going for #7.

It was a good hour of TV. Hope you all can watch it.
Quote Reply
Re: it was on late [Tri2HaveFun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw it last night in Detroit area. It was a great interview. There was some good insight into Lance's training approach. Based on his comments LA's fitness will not be a question for next years TDF. He mentioned 2001 as his most fit year, he said he was like a monk, weighing all his food, training like a madman. Other than accident or plain bad racing luck Lance will be on the podium in 2004. It is an interview worth seeing, check your local listings.
Quote Reply
That was great [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The best quote was something like, "It's much easier to be in pain for a few hours than it is to have not pushed yourself and have the pain of losing for years."

Combine the above quote with his description falling then making back all that time and then running to catch the bus full of USPS riders going crazy. . .

. . .And then knowing what the bus ride down the mountain would feel like if he had failed to live up to the moment--that's why he's Lance.
Quote Reply