Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

M&M's or choc chips???
Quote | Reply
Not known for my healthy eating, I'm making a pan of double choclate brownies for my dinner tomorrow evening and snacks for the rest of the week. I can't make up my mind between adding semi sweet chocolate chips, peanut M&M's or plain M&M's. I like all 3 in brownies. Any preferences?

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: M&M's or choc chips??? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I would go with only the chocolate chips. But if you keep a bowl of M&Ms handy while eating the brownies, you can alternate the crunchy & chewy on a macro scale, rather than intra-brownie. You might also neat ice cream on your brownies. And perhaps chips and salsa to help clear the palate in between chocolate courses. Wash it all down with lots of beer. Actually, bourbon works well after chocolate for a nice mouth-cleansing sensation. Then the beer chaser. Good luck.

Quote | Reply
I'd have to agree with adding the chocolate chips. I am famous (in my own mind) for my home-made brownies and I will share a couple of secrets with you. First of all take some tin foil and mold it around the outside of the pan. Then place it in the pan, you then have a perfectly shaped liner. Then sprinkle a layer of small semi sweet chocolate chips on the bottom of the lined pan, then add the batter. Always under cook your brownies by a couple of minutes. Let them cool, then remove them with the tin foil. Carefully cut them then place them in the fridge for an hour or so to get them cold. Very chocolatey, under cooked and cooled and they are awesome, add a scoop of Hagan Daz rum and raisen ice cream and you have a dream dessert.

and yes I do have a subscription to Cook's Illustrated. In fact I have every issue sine they started in 1993.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: M&M's or choc chips??? [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
First of all take some tin foil and mold it around the outside of the pan. Then place it in the pan, you then have a perfectly shaped liner. Then sprinkle a layer of small semi sweet chocolate chips on the bottom of the lined pan, then add the batter. Always under cook your brownies by a couple of minutes. Let them cool, then remove them with the tin foil. Carefully cut them then place them in the fridge for an hour or so to get them cold. Very chocolatey, under cooked and cooled and they are awesome, add a scoop of Hagan Daz rum and raisen ice cream and you have a dream dessert. I might have to take you up on your housing offer just for a taste of those. Damn, that sounds good!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since we're sharing secrets, I have two words for you: butterscotch chips.

Put them in brownies, put them in cookies, put them in anything you want, and I guarantee that women will want you, and men will want to be you... Unless you take to eating pan after pan of the brownies, in which case you're on your own. I suggest adding 1/3 to 1/2 as many butterscotch chips as chocolate chips in your recipes(in addition to the chocolate chips, not instead of them). The flavor is delicious, and people will go nuts trying to figure out what it is.

As for M & M's, I suggest that you go out and buy a bottle of good Scotch, one that has a large opening, such as Cardhu. Drink the Scotch, not all at once, then rinse the bottle. Keep this bottle full of M & M's in a convenient and accessible location for yourself and guests. Change M & M's according to the holiday, and do not break the cardinal rule of M & M's: Never offer guests Easter or Valentine's colored M & M's after Labor Day.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why force yourself to decide. Use all three.

Yum!!!!

=P
Quote Reply
Re: M&M's or choc chips??? [martytram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The pan liner is an awwesome idea. I usually go with chocolate chips so this time its peanut m&m's! Dinner is gonna be good!
If you have mint choclate chips try those in cookies or brownies.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply