Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sore between shoulder blades - help from swimmers - TC
Quote | Reply
I have a new tri coach - and my swim workout yesterday was 8 x 400, alternate w/ and w/o paddles. I don't think I've ever used the paddles that much before. And today, super sore and achy between my shoulder blades. Has this happened to anyone before, and is that a normal place to be sore?
Quote Reply
Re: Sore between shoulder blades - help from swimmers - TC [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Normal and I wouldn't worry about it. You managed to engage your upper back muscles :-) that is good!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Sore between shoulder blades - help from swimmers - TC [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome. That makes me happy. Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Sore between shoulder blades - help from swimmers - TC [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If they stay tight, rolling out with a lacrosse ball or something similar helps me out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What TC said. You engaged different muscles, most likely because the paddles require an increased strength AND because they correct the angle of your hand to a more powerful position. (This varies slightly depending on the paddle & what straps you use - some allow you to "cheat" much more than others..)

Keep engaging those muscles, every time you swim!!

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought of you when I swam today. I swam midday ,which I don't usually do. It was cold and I wasn't looking forward to getting in the water but I sucked it up because you've been doing it!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Sore between shoulder blades - help from swimmers - TC [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the great replies. I'm so glad to have some 'real' swimmers as friends. And I appreciate the encouragement

TC - thanks for much for telling me I helped you to get to the pool. That amazes me. It made me smile.
Quote Reply