Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

H3 Deep
Quote | Reply
In the picture of Ekimov it really looks like his H3 has a deeper rim than most H3's - maybe it is just a figment of my imagination.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/...03/emtt/JDekimov_rus

Either way - I think it is a great picture.

Josh
Quote Reply
Re: H3 Deep [Josh_MN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ekimov was on a hed3 deep, and the winner, david millar, was on hed's handlebar and also on an all-carbon hed3, and i believe levi was on that wheel as well at TT worlds.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: H3 Deep [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan,

Just read back in an August post about the Hed3 Deep and was wondering whether Steve would be releasing the Deep as a normal production wheel sometime? (Like perhaps showing it at Interbike). I heard they had quality issues with their Kona Coast wheel, but it seems like an H3 Deep wouldn't have as many problems? If you are willing to pay the weight "penalty" the aero benefit seems like it would be pretty good.

As for Millar and Levi - can't blame them for being on HED gear, it seems to have a serious advantage when it comes to aero.

Anyway - looking forward to your Interbike coverage, and thanks for thereply.>

Josh
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
" it seems like an H3 Deep wouldn't have as many problems? "

I'd assume the biggest problem would be riding on a really windy day. The regular tri spoke can be a pig in these conditions, so it's fair to assume the deep would be worse.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the link, those are interesting pictures...I noticed what looked like a rider riding a "Cane Creek" labled disk, that from the picture looked like a Zipp.

Is it just me, or are the graphics on the Bontrager Disk just gaudy and ugly...What were they thinking??
Quote Reply