Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Looks like carbon is the wave of the future
Quote | Reply
http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/...mb=ZOLT&sid=7263

their stock is up 20% today!

Zoltek Reports First Million Pound Order for Carbon Fibers THURSDAY, OCTOBER 09, 2003 5:05 PM
- PR Newswire

ST. LOUIS, Oct 9, 2003 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- Zoltek Companies Inc. (ZOLT) has received its first million pound order for its commercial grade carbon fiber tow, along with two other substantial orders totaling an additional 800,000 pounds, from sporting goods makers or suppliers in China and Taiwan. Zoltek expects that these three orders will generate up to $10 million in revenues through the end of calendar year 2004.

"Our contract for a million pounds is the biggest single order that we have received for commercial grade carbon fibers," Zsolt Rumy, Zoltek's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer stated. "In the past few years much of the sporting goods manufacturing has moved off shore to lower labor cost parts of the globe. With these orders we now see a clear opportunity to become a major supplier of carbon fibers to this market."

Quote | Reply
Traded at around USD60 five years ago and cash flow negative at the moment.

"Language most shows a man: Speak, that I may see thee. It springs out of the most retired and inmost parts of us, and is the image of the parents of it, the mind. No glass so mirrors a man's form or likeness so true as his speech." - Ben Jonson, Timber, or Discoveries made upon Men and Matter.
Quote Reply
Re: Looks like carbon is the wave of the future [GBJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5year high is under $16/share split adjusted.
Quote Reply
Re: Looks like carbon is the wave of the future [BillT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope it hits $5 today so I can short it.

Andy

'You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Thinsg Are As They Are.'
Quote Reply
and now the stock is up 32% ! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote | Reply
Lots of volume today. Should be able to borrow some.

"Language most shows a man: Speak, that I may see thee. It springs out of the most retired and inmost parts of us, and is the image of the parents of it, the mind. No glass so mirrors a man's form or likeness so true as his speech." - Ben Jonson, Timber, or Discoveries made upon Men and Matter.
Quote Reply