Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Here's how to do it...
Quote | Reply
...1st at the TT at the World's in Hamilton, Ont. This is the guy I would pick to ride the bike section at IM Kona if they allowed teams.(Paul Turget from Kenya would be my runner).

http://www.cyclingnews.com/...03/emtt/JDmillar_gbr
Quote Reply
Re: Here's how to do it... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude - he blew the crap out of the competition winning by more than a minute and a half over 42km.

He's always been a top-notch TT'er

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Animal!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Here's how to do it... [muppet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"he blew the crap out of the competition "

Millar is quite consistant on the TT. He had excellent results at the TDF this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And at the Vuelta

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Animal!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Here's how to do it... [muppet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know what kind of bike he was riding? From the few pictures I've seen it's been tough to pick out.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's how to do it... [cmetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It wasn't "off the shelf". It is the road version of the carbon pursuit bike built by the British Cycling Federation.

http://sport.independent.co.uk/...ory.jsp?story=451754

From that article:

"A new £15,000 carbon bike, sponsored by the British Cycling Federation and specially designed for his time trial, had given him extra motivation."
Last edited by: skater: Oct 10, 03 12:37
Quote Reply
Re: Here's how to do it... [skater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ouch what a price tag

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Millar is a great TT guy, but come on. I would pick him at least 4th after Lance, Ulrich, and Botero. By the way, I question his heart after he quit on the Angliru at last year's Vuelta.

FIRELUV

Jimmy S.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's how to do it... [fireluv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I would pick him at least 4th after...."

As an over all cyclist I agree, but I picked him for an IM "dream team" because of his TT abilities. I went with Paul Turget for the run, but any one of a half dozen fellow Kenyans would also do the job. There is a lot of cycling talent to chose from. I'm sure anyone of those guys mentioned and several others would have no trouble breaking four hours for the bike at Kona.
Quote Reply