Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

last but not alone...
Quote | Reply
My new team mates are pressuring me to enter a race before I beleive I'm ready! I don't bike, or run or swim, in fact I don't even have shorts, however I'm very good with a stop watch! Where should I begin, or should I begin? I think my team the "Grazin' Rasins" are slightly obsessed. Any advice would be warmly accepted. Should I sell my Stop watch, and leave town? Or should I saddle up!

Respect Slowest Twitch
Quote Reply
Re: last but not alone... [slowest twitch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, I have not got much to offer - just wanted to say that that is the first "username" that has made me laugh - don't know why I just love it. Slowest Twitch - great! :):):):):):):)LOL

Finishing a triathlon is not hard. Racing one is. So if your goal is to just finish then do it comfortably have fun, laugh a lot and you'll be fine.

Learn the rules of the sport.

From a safety perspective I would ensure you can at least swim the distance of the race before hand and get your buddies to take you on an open water swim.

Wouldn't be such a bad idea to make sure you can ride a bike too. Learn the road rules.

No need to run - lots of folks walk during the run. But running is of course a little faster.

Don't do anything your not comfortable with. Just enjoy.

Throw away the stop watch - just experience the senstations of your body.
Quote Reply
Re: last but not alone... [slowest twitch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was in your shoes 2.5 years ago, plus tremendously out of shape. You have to start somewhere. I am not a competitive individual, so I could care less where I placed, it was simply about finishing and having my friends and family there to support me. Now I am in better shape, but still slow and having fun...and still registering for races that I shouldn't be doing. Do it and have fun, plus you will have a reference point to surpass for the next race.

The Cuban Comet
(Comets are unbelievably slow over Cuba)
Quote Reply