Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Nov. 25 Edition
Quote | Reply
Hope everyone had a good week... I have been super busy at school today making progress on a term paper :D

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 25 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey TC,Happy T-day week!

Last week's workouts? None; zero; nada. First time in years. Just got busy and am trying to catch up at work and at home. A couple of years ago I made November my "if I feel like it" month--it works for me.

Did get in core/conditioning/stretching in most days. I don't count that as a workout because it's pretty clear that with my back issues, I'm going to have to make it a routine part of my life, irrespective of my sports.

Decades ago we gave up traveling for holidays, so it will be a low key at home week for us. Safe travels for everyone on the road this week.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
Run if it works out. Don't if it hurts.: WIN - ran 3x, and it felt ok.
Swim x 3 - WIN
Bike x 3 - WIN
Core/strength x 4 - WIN
Foam roll x 4 - WIN

20-25min runs on Tues, Thurs & Sun worked out ok, despite it starting to snow and getting locked in the deep freeze. Would have run Saturday but we had errands to take care of then went and checked out Ripley's Aquarium with a bunch of friends, and by the time we got home it was almost 10pm and -13c/9f with a ridiculous windchill.

This week's goals:
Run x 4
Swim x 4
Bike x 4
Core/strength x 4
Foam roll/rehab x 4

I think I ended up with a bit of SI joint dysfunction from the whole hamstring business, so I've started doing the exercises my chiro gave me the last time my SIJ went wonky. It seems to be responding, and I've been able to run the last 2 days in a row plus put in an hour on the trainer both of days while my leg/hip still continues to improve. I just need to remember to take it easy stretching it, as I can make it sore again pretty quickly by pushing it too far - no surprise, as that's how it happened to begin with, but I'm used to having pretty good flexibility so it's an adjustment in mindset for me.

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Last week was not good for me. Sick x 3 days, and then it got really cold (for us) here and I didn't swim at all. That made me super sad. But I did rebound w/ good swim yesterday.
I did my marathon end of Oct, so Nov is supposed to be an easy month, so I'm not too upset about one bad week.

This week's goals
Run 5-6 times for at least 45 miles
Bike x 5
Swim x 3, hopefully 4.

Of course this will all depend on if my family doesn't mind me getting workouts it while they're home. So I will play it by ear.
Doing Turkey Trot on Thursday for fun - my 3kids and my 84 yo father will all be running / walking too. Should be fun

Be safe and happy training.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3x bike, 1x run, and 1x swim - a good week for me.

Bad family drama is messing with my head - thank goodness for good advice from friends. Why am I not surprised it's right before Thanksgiving?

le sigh

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- Run 3x - WIN
- skate 2x - WIN
- ghetto gym 3x - WIN
- ride 2x - WIN++ (rode 3x)
- Also had a 4hr walk with the dog on Sunday in the beautiful fall sun... :-)

This week:
- Run 3x
- skate 3x
- ghetto gym 3x
- ride 4x

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 25 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a long dog walk! Dog must have been thrilled.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 25 Edition [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes! Thanksgiving week! I am taking the train to Washington tomorrow. No traffic on the train HAHAHAHA!!!!

My goals last week were bike commute a couple times (done once), take a day off from running (fail), swim 15k (done!), do well with food (had a couple of rough days). Weight is either stable or I've lost a pound over the past few weeks. Hard to tell when it's just one.

M - 7 mi run + 1800 yd swim + 6.5 mi bike
T - 10.2 mi run + 2500 yd swim
W - 6.5 mi run + 4000 yd swim
T - 9 mi run
F - 7 mi run + 4600 yd swim
S - 8.5 mi run
S - 9.3 mi run + 4600 yd swim

Goals this week - swim 15k, day off from running, be present and enjoy Thanksgiving food and not binge on pie and homemade crescent rolls

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, she loved it... she - like her owner - is getting a bit older and the longer runs don't serve our hips well... so the long walk was lots of exercise bu without the stiffness she often gets after running now...

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply