Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Entry Level Tri-bike, which one is best?
Quote | Reply
Cervelo(the one)2003 or QR(Treuno)2004 or Felt(s32)2004 or Cannondale (2004)

I already have a road bike but am considering also getting an entry level tri-bike. Which ones should I consider and why. I usually average around 19-19.5 in sprint triathlons, I always have trouble with the run after and was thinking that a tri-bike might help. I know the one that fits is always the best option.
Quote Reply
Re: Entry Level Tri-bike, which one is best? [KYROCKET] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the one that keeps you lusting to ride it....day in, day out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do believe the Felt is the only steep angle bike there (78) the QR then comes in (76) followed by Cannondale and Cervelo (I think 75.)

Personally I'd run QR or Felt. The felt has awsome specs at the price, but the QR is $400 cheaper. For me there's just something about looking down at the bike and knowing you riding a dedicated triathlon machine that stirs the soul.

The cervelo is also a nice bike, it just doesn't do it for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Entry Level Tri-bike, which one is best? [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have any idea how much a felt 2004 s32 will cost and how much a QR treuno will cost and its specs?

I am riding a Raleigh 2003 Competition with Ultegra and Jammer GT's, wheels are shimano 540, do you think one of the bike above would improve my triathlon training and times.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe the Felt will be $1400 for shimano 105.

The QR Trueno will be $995, but components are a little sketchy (105 or tiagra blend.)

I'd guess you'll notice the biggest difference going to the Felt. (assuming you fit can fit on a dedicated tri-bike.) The QR will be more versatile, but if you get the Felt and do most your training on the Raleigh you won't have to worry.
Quote Reply
Re: Entry Level Tri-bike, which one is best? [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ze Gopha,
Thanks for your replies! So you think that I could do a majority of my training rides on my Raleigh and then I could get a Felt S32, 2004 and improve my bike splits. Do you think that my running off of the felt would show some improvements also? I think I can get a felt 32, 2004 for about $1000
KY Rocket
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At $1000 theres no question the Felt would be the bike to get.

As far as running off the bike, since I switched to a tri-bike I've cut down my brick workouts a lot. I notice almost no difference between running, and then running off the bike. My run times (in a tri with a 5K for example) used to be first mile 7:30-8:00, then second up to about 7:00 and I'd try to finish under 7:00. With the tri bike I've got, this year I've been going under 7:00 minutes for every mile. And you can't just say I've been training harder, because do to a nagging foot problem I haven't done any run training since mid-march.

I freakin love my tri-bike!
Quote Reply