Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Science of Speed seminar...
Quote | Reply
Just heard about this from the guys at Maplewood Bikes in St. Louis -

Dan - are you going to be there? And will you be doing fittings?

Sounds like a GREAT weekend!

Kristi
Quote Reply
Re: Science of Speed seminar... [Kristi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
steve hed, chris kautz, and i are going to be at maplewood bikes in st. louis, and i think it's going to be in december, like maybe the 5th and 6th or thereabouts. i'll write more about it when i get the details in front of me.

i don't expect to be doing fittings per se, but i suppose i'll be able to at least do an off-the cuff analysis of your position if you show up with your bike. and i suppose chris might offer his opinion as well, tho i can't speak for him.

it ought to be a fun time. steve hed and i always have a good time when we hang out together, and while i haven't had the occasion to bond with chris yet, i'm going to have steve hold the funnel over chris' head while i pour the tequila into it, and we'll see how it all goes.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Science of Speed seminar... [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree Dan, it should be a good time. Hadn't planned on doing any fitting while there, but am happy to take a quick look if someone asks (not sure how much it's worth without taking measurements, though).

Looking forward to meeting up with you there and exchanging ideas. I suspect we have more ideas in common than you think. Getting together with other fitters is always enjoyable and productive - helps push the envelope a bit further on what we can do in setting up our athletes.

It should be a productive weekend, especially if the funnel is really big and there's a lot of tequila (sounds kind of like college, doesn't it?).

Christopher

Christopher Kautz
Director of Technology, Product Development, and Education
GURU Sports, a division of Cannondale Sports Unlimited
Quote Reply
Re: Science of Speed seminar... [ckautz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
THE SCIENCE BEHIND SPEED SEMINAR SPECIFICS CAN BE FOUND AT WWW.MAPLEWOODBICYCLE.COM. THE CLINIC IS BEING HELD AT RITZ-CARLTON ST.LOUIS ON DEC 5/6TH. WE HAVE A BLOCK OF 25 ROOMS FOR OUT OF TOWN GUESTS AT HUGE DISCOUNTS. THE VIP PARTY AT MAPLEWOOD BICYCLE SATURDAY NIGHT IS GOING TO BE HUGE AND WORTH THE TRIP (START SAVING BUCKS). THE FIT GUYS AT MAPLEWOOD WILL OFFER PROFESSIONAL FITS USING THE FIST METHOD AND KAUTZ'S METHODS THU.FRI.SUN AND MON. FOR THOSE FROM OUT OF TOWN. FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS. IT IS GOING TO BE ALOT OF FUN.
Quote Reply
Re: Science of Speed seminar... [STEELHEAD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OH YEA.... THE TEQUILA FLOWS FREELY AT THE MAPLEWOOD BICYCLE VIP PARTY. IF ENOUGH PEOPLE WANT IT WE CAN GET A BAR FOR THE TRI FORUM. EMAIL US YOUR SPECIAL REQUESTS AND WE'LL DO WHAT WE CAN TO ACCOMMODATE .
Quote Reply