Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Why no "fast forward" aero seatposts?
Quote | Reply
Many like to ride with a steep seat angle and would also like a bladed "aero" seatpost. How come there is not an aero seatpost that puts you in a "forward" position out on the market?
Quote Reply
Re: Why no "fast forward" aero seatposts? [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.xtri.com/article.asp?id=126

Check it out. It answers your questions.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like you found yourself a niche in the market! Remember us when you're rolling in the big dollars that only the bike industry can bring. :-)

Seriously, though, I think Profile showed one at Interbike a few years ago but it never made it to market. Also note that an M2Racer seat shifter can be used with a regular aero seat post.

I know a lot of guys say forward position seatposts are dangerous and stuff, but most of those guys are also trying to sell you a tribike. Either that or they are trying to rationalize a tribike purchase they themselves just made. I raced with a forward position on a road bike for 10 years before buying a specific bike this year. Does the specific bike handle better? Yes. Would I call the road bike with the forward position dangerous? No way. It's just about knowing your bike's quirks and riding accordingly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe BP Stealth makes a semi aero post that is adjustible to three different positions. John Cobb is now telling us these aero posts work, completely reversing his position based upon earlier wind tunnel testing.

Gotta agree with Tom. I tried a forward seat post on a Giant TCR and it made a great handling road bike suddenly handle like sh*t as a tri bike. I then used it with a neutral seat post for a 75/76 degree effective seat angle and it worked quite well. Some road bikes can work quite well this way, particularly those with a compact frame (TR, Soloist, etc). I also used a size smaller Syntace C2 aero bars for the best fit.

Instead of going forward you may wish to consider sliding the seat right back, lowering it a bit and getting some shorty Profile Jammer GT aero bars ala the "big slam" position as described by John Cobb. Works well for some people. Had a good article about this on his old site. It's not up on his new site yet but you could email him or ask in the forum section.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by The Committee [ In reply to ]
Re: Why no "fast forward" aero seatposts? [TheChameleon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Can you back up this claim with a source? "

I believe it was on his old forum before he redid his site. If I remember right he claimed that the aero seat posts like on a Giant TCR work better with people with skinny legs that with big legs. You could go to the new forum and make an inquiry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Corima makes a bladed aero cabon-fiber seatpost which they advertise as being reversible to get a more forward position. Cost is about $115.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do have the Corima Elicpse Aero Seatpost. Very slim bladed carbon that can be reversed for a forward position.

Works very well and puts you app. 4-5 cm forward. Norman Stadler used one on this Look bike in Hawaii Ironman.

See it at www.corima.com

Quote Reply