Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dura Ace 10 question
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if Shimano has set a price for the Dura Ace 10 group? I am buying it without the hubs and with the STI levers (winter training).

My dealer was telling me that there was going to be a 50% cost increase over 9 speed and that seemed false to me.

As always - thank you for the help.
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 10 question [mcevt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The product is up at Colorado Cyclist website. The stuff is expensive and some of it is backordered.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
go here:

http://www.totalcycling.com/

thus far many of the " its gonna be more than record!" hooha appears to be not true.
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 10 question [t-t-n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who cares about cost? It only took ShimaNO what, 4 years to catch up? Then they had to copy Magic Motorcycles crank, and Campagnolo hubs? (all but the SWEET ability on Campy hubs to adjust them while they are in the dropouts...that makes adjusting cones TONS more precise).

ShimaNO will stand the test of time like a Seiko...Campagnolo like a Rolex...they do the same thing...just about as well as each other....(then why in the hell am I wearing a Tag Heuer?)

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been working on a 'team bike' deal with our shop sponsor. We haven't gotten any final prices yet, but was told the price difference between 9 and 10 on a complete bike wouldn't be very much... around a couple hundred?? Should find out for sure this week.

JB
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While some individual components may be up to 50% more expensive (the crank for example), the total group cost will probably only go up about 20%. There's not much additional cost for the rear derailleur, chain, front hub, etc. while the cranks and rear hub did see some significant changes that could result in higher costs.
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 10 question [Record9ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
ShimaNO will stand the test of time like a Seiko...Campagnolo like a Rolex...they do the same thing...just about as well as each other....(then why in the hell am I wearing a Tag Heuer?) Because Campy, like Rolex, is more jewelry than machinery.
Last edited by: efernand: Oct 9, 03 8:42
Quote Reply
Hey, watch this! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CampagNOlo,

and you could also go shiMANO (number 1!)

or CAMPagnolo (just fine for sitting, not for hiking)

also SHIMAno (as in hiro shima , it's gonna bomb)

then SRAM, wich rymes with SCRAM!
Quote Reply
Re: Dura Ace 10 question [JBergland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Prices were confirmed yesterday. The difference between DA 9 and 10 on complete bikes will be $200. I believe this is close to dealer cost... so it might end up being a little bit more... but NOT the $500-$800 some people have suggested.

JB
Quote Reply