Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Powercranks on a Tribike
Quote | Reply
I have one bike a Kestrel Talon. I am considering PCs. Anyone out there put PCs immediately on a TriBike? How was it? What were the pit falls?

Quote:
"Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit."

Saddlesore Wink

Quote Reply
Re: Powercranks on a Talon [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My PC's are on my Talon. I have aerobars on it, but don't get down in them for long, YET! Right now, I'm riding it at about 76 degree seat-tube angle, best I can tell. There are no problems with PC's riding this way (other than the normal PC adaptation stuff that is going on).

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Re: Powercranks on a Talon [ktalon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback. Are riding in the seat back position? Did you take to the road immediately or did you use a trainer? How long have you been riding them?

Quote:
"Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit."

Saddlesore Wink

Quote Reply
Re: Powercranks on a Talon [Saddlesore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm riding forward, but not as far forward as I can get....like I said, I'm at about 76 degrees right now...read Mr. Empfield's bike geometry lesson in order to estimate your actual seat post angle.

I stayed on the trainer for a couple of weeks...I was pleasantly surprised how much easier the road riding was...because you get to rest going downhill!

I've only been on them 4 weeks, and my speed is already up to normal, but my rpm's are still lower than normal...this is OK at this point. I'm already running faster, though!

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply