Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Women's Masters Breakfast at Kona has a MALE keynote speaker????
Quote | Reply
If you are as stunned as I am, please take a moment to let Ironman (WTC) know hi.im.events@ironman.com and serenachamberlan@gmail.com that women should be honoring another woman as the keynote speaker. We have great women in our tri community that deserve our respect, promotion and attention. Thank you.

Blog:
http://www.FeWoman.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Women's Masters Breakfast at Kona has a MALE keynote speaker???? [fewoman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please take a moment to check out the thread on the main forum (same title). Thank you.

Blog:
http://www.FeWoman.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Women's Masters Breakfast at Kona has a MALE keynote speaker???? [fewoman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thinking through my response over there and will post.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fewoman wrote:
Please take a moment to check out the thread on the main forum (same title). Thank you.

I don't understand why the dudes over the main forum are all "offended" and stuff. They remind me some idiots in the Lavander Room getting all offended and crying racism when racism against Obama or Trayvon or whoever is called out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am not attending this event but I do think it is a missed opportunity for a female speaker. I hope the speaker they do have is welcomed and that his speech is successful. A note to the organizers with a list of suggested speakers would probably be helpful.
Quote Reply
Re: Women's Masters Breakfast at Kona has a MALE keynote speaker???? [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My only thought is this: I imagine that the fellow who is speaking at the masters' breakfast would probably be feeling really upset right now if he were to get wind of the flak you're making. It places him in a totally awkward position. I think it would have been a far better idea, given the short amount of time remaining to change the itinerary, for you to have been a little more gracious about the situation and to have thought about working towards an institutional change next year. Considering all of the factors at play, I think your little public tantrum is short-sighted and hurtful. Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor, particularly when innocent people are harmed.

~~ kate
Last edited by: dreaming~big: Sep 13, 13 19:16
Quote Reply
Re: Women's Masters Breakfast at Kona has a MALE keynote speaker???? [dreaming~big] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree, Kate.
Quote Reply
Re: Women's Masters Breakfast at Kona has a MALE keynote speaker???? [dreaming~big] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dreaming~big wrote:
My only thought is this: I imagine that the fellow who is speaking at the masters' breakfast would probably be feeling really upset right now if he were to get wind of the flak you're making. It places him in a totally awkward position. I think it would have been a far better idea, given the short amount of time remaining to change the itinerary, for you to have been a little more gracious about the situation and to have thought about working towards an institutional change next year. Considering all of the factors at play, I think your little public tantrum is short-sighted and hurtful. Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor, particularly when innocent people are harmed.

~~ kate

yeah, i see your point but i also totally agree with the OP. also, i think this thread could be very illuminating for him.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Re: Women's Masters Breakfast at Kona has a MALE keynote speaker???? [kathy_caribe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kathy,

I think we all get OPs point on this side of the great divide. I don't think any of us womens hasn't been subjected to gender bias to one degree or another. (I too have a winning EEOC suit in my trophy case.) Nevertheless, it's not so much what she objects to, as how she objected to it, that's sticking in my craw. But then I never burned my bra either. A chacun son gout. My first principle in things like this is ahimsa. I don't think she paid any attention to collateral damage when she fired the cannon. That's my problem with stridency in general: it ends up biting you in the ass, and in the final analysis you're farther away from your target than if you'd adopted a more well-reasoned, moderate approach from the git-go.

~~ kate
Last edited by: dreaming~big: Sep 14, 13 19:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't received an invitation to the Women's Masters Breakfast. Have they been sent out yet?
As I mentioned in the thread in the other forum, I go to the breakfast because I love meeting all of the other women. It's an awesome group from all over the world.
For me, at least, the keynote speaker is just sort of secondary.
I
Quote Reply