Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike races in Chicago area?
Quote | Reply
Hey All,

I want to do a couple of bike races this season. Maybe a road race or crit, and a TT or two. Does anyone have any suggestions for races around chicago for someone new to bike racing? (I have been doing tri's for a number of years). I have heard good things about the Arlington Crit, but that is about it.

Thanks,

Philbert

Dr. Philip Skiba
Scientific Training for Endurance Athletes now available on Amazon!
Quote Reply
Re: Bike races in Chicago area? [Philbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Take a look at:

www.peteslist.com

Under the road race section they have a pretty complete calendar which, at present, shows 2002 races in the Illinois/Wisconsin/Indiana et al. region. The 2003 calendar is starting to fill in.

Brent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Every August there is a great Criterium race in Downers Grove. The Criterium National Championship is held during the weekend, as well as the USPRO Championship race (generally sponsored by USPS). It's a two day event and there are races of all USCF categories, including a CAT 5/Citizen Race, that is perfect for new racers. I've rode in this event twice and watched it a few more times and I think they do a great job with it and the course is excellent. It's a great place to ride in a Cat 5 race, then sit back and watch the top amatuers and Pros take a whirl. A lot of fun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Philbert,

I live in Northbrook, and every Friday night in the summer there are open races at the veledrome. Maybe not what you are looking for, but they sure are a lot of fun. It is only 6 bucks to race for the whole season, and you can race anything with wheels and a hand brake.
www.northbrookveledrome.com
Quote Reply