Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Renn Disk Wheel Experience
Quote | Reply
Does anyone use the Renn disc wheel? At $339 it seems like a steal. My LBS guy jumped all over one (literally) to show me how durable it was. He said you can't do that on a Zipp. Any thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Renn Disk Wheel Experience [Herschel34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No doubt the RENN is a great bang for the buck. If you are looking for a disc wheel and can't shove out big $$ then this is the disc to get. In fact, it was on my x-mas list but my amazing girlfirend splurged and surprised me with the 2003 ZIPP disc. (a long way she's come since we've been dating). So, if not for her, I would have got one.

I won't knock the RENN down because I think it is a great product and have heard good things. But if you have a chance to closely examine the RENN and a ZIPP next to each other, you will see obvious differences in craftmanship that set these products apart. The question is, do you want to pay for ZIPP quality when you can have a similar product at less than half the price?

My thoughts..-fran
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the thread ' What's the weight on the Renn 650 Tubie?' I got two good answers to my question 'How is the Renn disc?'

For this thread check
[url]http://www.slowtwitch.com/cgi-bin/gforum.cgi?post=2916;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;[/url]

or do a search for Renn in this forum.

How can I insert a link that you can click?

Felix

http://www.weilenmann.ch.vu
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get the Renn. I was obviously impressed the first time I layed eyes on it, and it has never dissappointed me. The build quality is excellent, the hubs are SUPER silky, and the customer service is top-notch. It will be the best $339 you could spend on a high-quality race disc. And the weight is not THAT heavy (1200 gr 700c tub, about 100 gr less for 650c tub). It still weighs less than an old Hed disc (lenticular), and it is super strong.

You could spend a lot more and not have as good of a product. You will thank me for purchasing a Renn disc.

One more suggestion: I know my signature already says it, but a tubular version will make your racing experience so much nicer.
Quote Reply