Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How was your week? July 29 Edition [Agilecipher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sounds like a really good decision. Good for you.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 29 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
:) Thanks - my fiance is supportive, too. Part of me is pissed because it feels like giving up, but a more logical part remembers a time when I was PSYCHED to get on my bike, go for a run, lift some weights... I look forward to feeling that again. Right now, my energy is devoted to not punching asshats at work and dealing with flower vendors.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could elope instead. ;-)

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 29 Edition [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tell that to my bank account that's already shelled out deposits :( It will be a helluva day, though.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that's OK.

I have been doing a 'sort of plan' for the past 4 years as I did 2 years of grad school and 2 years of residency. After tomorrow, I'll have 4 weeks to go and My last day at the residency will be August 29th.
I basically trained like this: run according to that "BarryP" stuff that floats around on ST... swim with my master's swim group, bike 3-4x per week, once a week with a group that pushes me WELL out of my comfort zone, and a long ride on the weekend.

After I'm done, and the money is saved for next summer's mega vacation, I would love to have a coach. I'm busy, and I'd like to just have someone tell me what to do - plus, maybe they can make sense of all my crazy goals which are all over the place and include tris, cyclocross, and a marathon.
Plus I think there's room for improvement from where I'm at now - since I've got my former iron issues under control, I feel like my workouts are finally having me gain fitness and I'm seeing improvement.

Being an athlete is a lifetime thing, and there will always be periods in our lives where that gets interrupted, by either injury, life stuff, or ...
The good news is that if we are sensible, we can always return to it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next