Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Planet X and Di2
Quote | Reply
Is the Planet X Exocet 2 or the Stealth rival di2 compatible for internal mounting. I want to build one up, but can't seem to find this info. Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X and Di2 [norcaldpe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X and Di2 [Jookie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well that sucks. back to the drawing board.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depends on how you want to do it.

I did it with 7970 on my exocet 2 and soldered all my connections in the compartment under the b/b shell. There was even a small hole into the frame internals to run the wire up to the seatpost battery I made.

I did not run a front derailleur with this set up, just a 1x10. To run a front derailleur, I I think you would need to put a small slot in the compartment cover to let the front derailleur cable out and tape it to the frame as it makes its way to the front derailleur.

I'm glad to answer any question on how I did this, but I can't take pictures of the setup. I went back to mechanical to run 2x10. (I was too cheap to buy a di2 front derailleur, or shimano shifters, or shimano battery. I made my own buttons and battery.)

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X and Di2 [lemond853] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hi,im trying to set up ultegra di2 on my exocet 2 but cant seem to figure out the battery set up. mind sharing how did the internal setup. i made the measurement for the external setup, no fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depend on what year your frame is, the newer ones can have DI2 but with external battery. There's a couple of rubber inserts on the frame, one below the FD hanger and one between the bottle bosses that allow you to route the cables.

Quote Reply
Re: Planet X and Di2 [JTNero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the tip...actually manage to set di2 after all (after modifications here and there)...though i'm still trying to figure out how to route wires for the seatpost battery. Current setup with BTR2 external battery and external junction port.

Going electronic was the best decision i've ever made :D...
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X and Di2 [wishtue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did mine internally, on a pre external di2 frame.

Drilled holes in similar places to the later ones for entry in HT gusset (remove fork and look where the built in cable guides go first), and just below the front mech hanger.

Chomped a hole big enough to get the B junction box through, at the front end of the BB area (under the cowl).
Its a funny material, its like solid resin, not fibrous.
Then you can actually feed a wire around the BB shell, and up to the seattube. Obviously, its easier to feed downbank :)
So that's front mech and battery cabling sorted.
Rear mech-I opened up the cable stop in the chainstay with a punch, and then opened out the BB shell end just big enough to get the connector through. Fed the cable from back to front.
From the B junction, the cable ran "outside" the BB shell, but under the cowling, and into the chainstay to the mech.

The chainstays are way too short for di2 by 15mm maybe more from memory, so you cannot get clearance for bottom gear without the chain rubbing the front mech cage, that's the biggest concern.

I managed to get it to remain mechanical compatible as well.
Quote Reply