Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How was your week? June 24 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hormone replacement therapy working...all in the wrong direction, but things are changing. My IM Lake Tahoe training is thrown off by feeling more, not less tired. Less sleep due to night sweats and hot flashes in daytime because estrogen is through-the-roof too high according to blood work from this week. Progesterone is too low...did I mention cramps? Awesome to be able to be able to give birth to a mentally challenged and physically disabled child at nearly 54 years old

On the good side, at least the compounding pharmacy can easily change the dosage when I go back to the doctor on July 11. My new doctor said this would be a work-in-progress and to be patient. I figure that I can manage being old, fat, and slow without her 'help'.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 24 Edition [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I figure that I can manage being old, fat, and slow without her 'help'.

Oh, how many times have I said that to myself this week? SSP, I'm there with you. I think clm had it right--we all need to go for a ride. With luck, today I get cleared to do (as my sport doc calls it) an "old lady" ride (upright on the trainer) no sooner than Sunday.

Anybody up for a "virtual" group ride that day? We can set the time, everybody go, and then report back?

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 24 Edition [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. I need some positivity & would love to be regaled with all the humor of someone else's moving stories. There's never a shortage of entertaining moments when so many things just crash into the same schedule.

Roommate is riding RAGBRAI & is in the process of cramming as much training in as possible before then. We've been out on the Trace the past two weekends for 24 & 42 miles. Probably need to do something around 50-60 this weekend as well. Saturday seems to work well for both of us since we can just go crash at the pool afterwards. Are you around this weekend?

AW
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 24 Edition [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AWARE wrote:
Agreed. I need some positivity & would love to be regaled with all the humor of someone else's moving stories. There's never a shortage of entertaining moments when so many things just crash into the same schedule.

Roommate is riding RAGBRAI & is in the process of cramming as much training in as possible before then. We've been out on the Trace the past two weekends for 24 & 42 miles. Probably need to do something around 50-60 this weekend as well. Saturday seems to work well for both of us since we can just go crash at the pool afterwards. Are you around this weekend?

Yes, I'm around. Not sure is I'll have to be sitting at home waiting for workers though. Keep me posted. I can at least start with you but 50-60 is way outside my range for now.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 24 Edition [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in for Sunday. Yesterday, my InReach device arrived, and per my training client's request, I have to have her tagged in case I have 3 flats with only 2 spare tubes.

Since it's supposed to be 118 degrees in the shade and nobody knows where or when I ride, it's not a bad idea. If you don't hear back from me Monday, start looking for a raisin in the Nevada desert somewhere North of Las Vegas...assuming I haven't become buzzard feed first...

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 24 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm a newcomer to this thread, but love it! Good vibes beaming to one and all.

rode 75 miles today, London to Brighton, an organised event with a couple hundred riders. My legs were cooked at 45, but they didn't get much worse after that, so we'll call it success. Slowwwwww as hell, but managed all the hills, and totally smoked two fourteen-year-olds going up the last one on their spyder bikes or whatever the hell the whippersnappers are riding these days.

Highlights included: the two blokes who stopped for a fag break every ten miles. The motorcycle marshals who were all on Harleys -- you could hear them coming for miles. The totally beardy (but really fit) guy on the recumbent. The road kill en route (is it wrong that i like cataloging it -- 3 bunny rabbits, 2 pheasants, a pigeon, and a badger as big as a bear cub). The one section that was so wooded only tiny bright dapples of light came through here and there -- it felt like riding through a planetarium. The ride down the steep side of Box Hill, while all the local serious cyclists were churning up. Eating a peanut butter and Marshmallow Fluff sandwich with no guilt. Loving my shorts for zero distress down there.

It was a good day! Onward to the 70.3 next weekend eek.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 24 Edition [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I did 45 minutes on the trainer, with the last 15 a very easy spin. Couldn't help but try how aero felt--can only stay in the position for a few minutes. Some niggles, but that's to be expected. The backlash is usually delayed, so I'll have a better idea later tonight how all the body parts held up.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 24 Edition [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome! I too catalog what I see, though I hope they are of the living variety vs. the roadkill ;-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply

Prev Next