Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I just won an Ironman!
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately, I woke up soon after. I dreamt that I won CaliMan last night. I got the lead on the bike and my buddy passed me on the run and I told him he'd better pace himself, so he slowed down(and eventually bonked). For awhile a woman was gaining on me, but I picked it up the last half of the marathon and won. When I crossed the line, I noticed someone had already finished, but had never passed me. After a confrontation (involving threats and firearms), he admitted to the crowd that he'd cut the course. I won in 9:34. That was when I knew I was dreaming - I can't do a 9:34, and since when could you win w/ that time anyway?

Anyone else ever have a dream like this?
Last edited by: jaylew: Sep 22, 03 14:30
Quote Reply
Re: I just won an Ironman! [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually had a dream this past summer during the TDF that I was pulling Lance up thru the mountain stages so he could stay ahead of Beloki. Strangest dream I ever had, but don't I wish!
Quote Reply
Re: I just won an Ironman! [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You guys need to get a social life! ;) Well, I do too for that matter...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Animal!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
those are cool dreams to have. Dreaming them is the first step to making them reality. Training for them is the next step.

Now I would be mildly surprised if you won Jay (and be very happy for you), but I wouldn't be surprised if a 9:34 won that race first time out.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: I just won an Ironman! [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Now I would be mildly surprised if you won Jay (and be very happy for you), but I wouldn't be surprised if a 9:34 won that race first time out. Even w/ the 75k purse? BTW, thanks for only being mildly surprised ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So many subjects, so little dream time ... Your IM dream is great, but you have to ask yourself why did you not go back and forth on the run with that woman that was gaining on you? You two could have shared a 1-2 finish which could have led to a life of IM bliss traveling around the world trying to repeat. We all have to teach ourselves to dream better.

I do like the fact that your buddy bonked ... tells alot about your frienship. Whatever happened to the woman?

CH
Quote Reply
Re: I just won an Ironman! [Chubby Hubby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
So many subjects, so little dream time ... Your IM dream is great, but you have to ask yourself why did you not go back and forth on the run with that woman that was gaining on you? You two could have shared a 1-2 finish which could have led to a life of IM bliss traveling around the world trying to repeat. We all have to teach ourselves to dream better.

I do like the fact that your buddy bonked ... tells alot about your frienship. Whatever happened to the woman? I left this part out, but the woman who wasn't too far behind me morped into the guy that cut the course to "win." My buddy who bonked has never done an IM and is not a strong runner, so that's why I told him to slow down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I left this part out, but the woman who wasn't too far behind me morped into the guy that cut the course to "win." My buddy who bonked has never done an IM and is not a strong runner, so that's why I told him to slow down.

Have you ever considered therapy? I have read a lot on endurance sports - Friel and others. Funny that none mention your ailment in their sections on overtraining. But the signs are classic.

Keep on dreaming, it's the first step in accomplishment. Hope to see you on the podium someday - without the altercation with the morphing woman who cut the course. Your buddy can still bonk, that part would not bother me.
Quote Reply
Hey Me Too!!! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Except when I won it everyone was naked, I couldn't find my bike, so I ran the bikes course, and I still finished in under an hour. The problem was I went so fast that there was no one there waiting at the finish line yet and I had to argue with the race directors about whether or not I finished, (Which was hard to do because everyone was naked.)

-Some people think a hangover is bad, try going to sleep with near lethal levels of Red Bull flowing through your veins
Quote Reply