Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How to modify a wetsuit?
Quote | Reply
Does anybody know of someone, somewhere or how to make a full sleeve wetsuit into a sleeveless? I know I can just grab a pair of scissors and chop it but I don't want to risk ruining it. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: How to modify a wetsuit? [KingK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi King K,

I can't really recommend giving your wetsuit the chop. A fullsuit is designed with quite a different upper body constructin in mind than a Long John. You'd be cutting through the middle of arm gussets, back stretch panels, and chest panels and this would leave a real mismatch of ends to tidy up. Lets say that you could cut all the arm away, and then get someone to build a roll over cuff to stop the trimmed ends from disintegrating, you'd then have a badly fitting LJ (these panels aren't deisned to end where they now end), and you'd probably find it an expensive alteration.

My suggestion would be to sell the old suit, and get a new LJ, Something like an Instinct LJ is well priced. (of course I'm totally biased working for Ironman Wetsuits)

If you want more details or have any questions then feel free to contact me Steve Nicholls, Ironman Wetsuits, steve@ironmanwetsuits.com
Quote Reply