Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Your bike as a billboard ? [pezdoctor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To Remove Logos off of bottles....you mean i have to pay $4.00 for a water bottle with my LBS logos all over them...same with those race belts....like i want nytro printed all over me....i didn't buy one because it had that crap all over it...i went to bicycle sports and got the phase one fitting...i had to buy new bars...so here comes the bike and they put tape on the bars that has their logo all over it....bike shops and makers who are reading this the louder you scream the less i hear you....get yourself a graphic designer and stick to what you know....

Try jasco and/or paint thinner to remove logos off bottles but be careful..stuff is toxic
Quote Reply
Re: Your bike as a billboard ? [socalrookie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, that's just too much.....I would have 'kindly' demanded that they replace that handlebar tape on the spot. Unfortunately, the initiative is now on the consumer to request this kind of thing up front (just like asking your car dealer to remove or not add unwanted badges).....specifically when it's a sticker that can't just be peeled off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Honestly, I could care less - stickers, no stickers, paint, no paint. I'll spend my time and concern on figuring out how the hell can I swim/bike/run faster. But I REFUSE to ride a pink bike. Besides that, I'm not too picky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Animal!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Your bike as a billboard ? [john] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's the best (safest) way to remove stickers?
Quote Reply
Re: Your bike as a billboard ? [john] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
> John "If only Powell Peralta made bike frames" Royal

Don't mean to be *too* picky, but Stacey Peralta left Powell in '92.

Yeah, a Steve Cab frame could be cool ...

Dre'
Quote Reply
Re: Your bike as a billboard ? [brad in WA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the HED decals are painted on
Quote Reply
Re: Your bike as a billboard ? [LarryCalifornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Before I had two kids and I had time to train incessantly, go to movies, and sit around contemplating my navel, I struggled with a method suitable for the removal of the logos from my Jetstream bottle.

It appears that the logos are screened (painted) onto the plastic bottle and cannot be removed without the use of one of two items: Chemicals or force. Being a tree-hugging, granola crunching vegetarian, I opted for the latter.

Enter the dragon: A shiny new, razor sharp (duh!) razor blade. I popped open a cool can of my favorite adult beverage one Tuesday evening at 11:45 (remember, this was before kids) and commenced a-scrapin'.

Carefully, I scraped the top layer of the logos' paint, trying to the best of my ability to avoid that "scraped up Jetstream" look that, while all the rage now, was not in fashion lo' those 4 years ago. More than scraping, actually, I engaged in careful "planing" of the Jetstream surface.

Once the task was complete, I held a beautiful Jetstream bottle sanitized of all logos. I'm almost certain that the folks at Jetstream weren't displeased with my surgery, as they seem to have cornered the triathlon hydration bike bottle market.

Now all that remained was to customize the heretofore-known-as-Jetstream bottle with custom designs of my choosing. I applied my team name, my own nickname, and a motivational saying, all covered with a layer of clear packing tape, carefully applied to avoid the wrath of the watter bottle marshalls that would surely be patrolling the transition area, on the lookout for hydration systems that did not conform to the standardization rules laid down by USAT.

Sipping the last drops from my adult beverage, I admired my handiwork and tried to figure out what movie that I'd treat myself to for designing such a lovely work of triathlon artistry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Excluding sponsored athletes, does anyone remove the stickers/labels from their bikes because they just dislike the looks? [probably the same people who remove badges from their cars...myself included]

I certainly don't mind 1 or 2 stickers on a frame, but otherwise it seems that manufacturer labels have gotten larger and/or multiplied. Of course, I'm just thinking out loud here....no offense to anyone or any manufacturers.

I love my Zipps, but do I really need/want 8-9 stickers per wheel, and a huge sticker on a disk??

;-)

Keith

Here's my pre-Rotorized race bike (a 2000 Cervelo P3); saddle set to severe "prologue distance" angle in this particular photo.

Does this answer the question? :-)

Quote Reply

Prev Next