Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Profile Designs New Aero HC system Availability?
Quote | Reply
Has anyone been able to get this anywhere yet? Do any places have them in stock?
Last edited by: Brian001: May 7, 13 19:29
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Designs New Aero HC system Availability? [Brian001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup. PD has one waiting for me when I arrived in St.George last Thursday. Absolutely, love it!!!

"Though she be but little, she is fierce" ~Shakespeare | Powered by HD Coaching | 2014 Wattie Ink Triathlon Team | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I picked one up from Tri Lab last week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, my LBS had no idea about these until I started asking them about it. They were able to get some on order and I picked mine up last Thursday. They had 4 others in stock when I picked mine up.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Designs New Aero HC system Availability? [drhend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So have you used it as of yet? Is it worth it? One of my concerns was mounting my 910xt and being able to easily see it
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Designs New Aero HC system Availability? [kmh1225] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you know how it compares to the Speedfil A2?

Not sure I could put that thing on my bike, looks like a giant dildo.
Couldn't they have made it more stealth B2 looking?

"Never daunted, I will cope with adversity in my traditional manner....sulking and nausea" - Tom K. Ryan

Go Cyclonauts!
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Designs New Aero HC system Availability? [mtb2die] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lol

mtb2die wrote:

Actually it looks like a submarine. I want one just for that reason ;-)

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Designs New Aero HC system Availability? [mtb2die] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mtb2die wrote:

My thoughts exactly... I had no idea what this thing looked like, and then I googled it at work. My coworkers thought I was looking at buying a sex toy!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brian001 wrote:
So have you used it as of yet? Is it worth it? One of my concerns was mounting my 910xt and being able to easily see it

I had my LBS order one a few weeks ago and it came in last Friday. I had a race Sunday but didn't want to try something new on race day so I just used it for the first time this morning. I like it and will fine tune a couple things for the next ride. The straw is about an inch higher than where I want it so I'm going to cut it down. Also, the end in the bottle seems to suck right on the bottom of the bottle and you don't get pure liquid so I'm going to cut a little bevel so it can't go flush against the bottle bottom.
I chose not to use the supplied bike mount because I like it out in front where I don't have to look back over the stem to see it.

Quote Reply
Re: Profile Designs New Aero HC system Availability? [ninesixfour] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just received the thing today, havent installed or tested yet. After attaching the straw, I found the bond to be so tight and not letting air in. This makes it very difficult to sip the fluid inside. How did everybody set up the "vent"? By opening the "hatch"?
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Designs New Aero HC system Availability? [koykoy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I drilled a small 3mm (about 1/8th) hole behind the straw at the top of the "sub turret".

edit: What was I thinking? After reading the following post by Najo I went back and checked my bottle. I blocked the hole back up and had no problem sipping from the bottle. Yet clearly I initially felt it was too restrictive. I think my brain must sometimes sleep while I am still awake.
Last edited by: sharkbait_au: Jun 7, 13 19:33
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Designs New Aero HC system Availability? [koykoy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not an issue, when you get done drinking the air goes back in, I have not wanted for more fluid due to lack of air... Drilling a hole defeats the purpose of this very leak free bottle!
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Designs New Aero HC system Availability? [Chris Martin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know this post is quite old but I am looking to put my gps out front like this. I am guessing I will need to use a different bottle cage as well and wonder whether that will cause the bottle to launch?

Chris Martin wrote:
Brian001 wrote:

I had my LBS order one a few weeks ago and it came in last Friday. I had a race Sunday but didn't want to try something new on race day so I just used it for the first time this morning. I like it and will fine tune a couple things for the next ride. The straw is about an inch higher than where I want it so I'm going to cut it down. Also, the end in the bottle seems to suck right on the bottom of the bottle and you don't get pure liquid so I'm going to cut a little bevel so it can't go flush against the bottle bottom.
I chose not to use the supplied bike mount because I like it out in front where I don't have to look back over the stem to see it.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Designs New Aero HC system Availability? [downtowndj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You will want to use one of those long black rubber bands to secure the bottle no matter which type of cage you end up with.
Quote Reply