Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Compact Frame Geometry Comparison???
Quote | Reply
How does one compare one compact frame to another? I'd like to purchase a Soloist in 51cm and have recently ridden/owned a 50cm '03 Allez. The Soloist in road form has a 73deg. seat tube whereas the Allez has a 76deg. seat tube. The Soloist's top tube is 530mm and the Allez's top tube is 520mm. The Allez felt a tad short which could probably be corrected. What dimensions should I utilize to make the comparison? Of course no known Cervelo dealer here in Houston and a possible good used purchase has sparked my interest in understanding how to compare compact frames. Thanks for any and all help.

Best Regards.
Quote Reply
Re: Compact Frame Geometry Comparison??? [texicans] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Use the Hor.Dim as listed in our charts and shown on our geometry drawings. After looking atthe drawing it will be easy for you to measure this dimension on your current bike, and then you can compare that dimension with the numbers given for the Soloist.

The advantage of this dimension is that it is seattube-independent, and that's what really matters since you will set up both bikes with the same effective seattube angle, regardless of what the angle of the piece of aluminum we call the seattube is.

The one caveat is that you have to be able to attain the same saddle position (relative to the bb) on both bikes, but with the two bikes you mention that won't be a problem (of you were comparing a super-slack road bike with a super-steep tri bike it would be a problem).

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply