Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Triathlons(Running) with Drop Foot...Anyone? [GatorRacer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally, something I have legit experience with!

I know the turbomed rep is already commenting, but you can stop with all the other advice. Go get one. I have been wearing one for ~5 years, and it is the only legit choice. Everything else is a massive compromise.

In my turbomed, I've raced everything from 5ks to 20 milers, sprint to HIM tris, and done some serious hiking.

Let it be known, I am nothing but an elated customer of theirs. But I cannot exaggerate how much of a game changer this device is. You will be able to run again, and the only discomfort is that of your shoes. PM me if you want more info on my experience. I'm happy to share!
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlons(Running) with Drop Foot...Anyone? [ksb99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Keith, go try out a turbomed. It puts the Ritchie to shame. No exaggeration.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlons(Running) with Drop Foot...Anyone? [cujo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea this is a very old thread! Anyway, as a personal update, I have been running for ~> 6years now with no Orthotic or AFO. I was using the Turbomed prototypes for a short while and I agree without a doubt it is the best.

I still have permanent foot drop and it affects me every day of my life, but I have adapted my running style and I am able to run short distances. I avg about ~5k every day to maintain some based endurance and Achilles flexibility. I am currently working to increase volume in hopes of a marathon someday but it is a ways away as I am now much more focused on cycling. I did run a half marathon and it was possible but the pain and soreness was quite intense.

Personally I did not want to live with the device as a dependency. I made it a goal to build up the strength/tolerance/whatever you want to call it to live my live as if the injury wasnt present, and I have been pretty successful like this. My body has definitely adapted to my new gait. I am not going to win any races probably, but triathlon gives me a personal challenge and metric in which I am able to gauge my success, and that is the reward this sport has given me to help put the injury behind me.

Thanks for the reminder of that!
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlons(Running) with Drop Foot...Anyone? [GatorRacer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad to hear your getting on alright! I realized after my comment that this is indeed an old thread, but let my comments stand.

I tend to go brace-free so long as I'm at home/the office, but pop it on when I go out. I hate long walks with "the gait". So far so good.
Quote Reply

Prev Next