Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

custom decaled aero helmet
Quote | Reply
thought i could get it with one big piece but it ended up being more of a pain than i anticipated. so i ended up having to do 3 pieces, matte black on the sides and gloss black down the middle.

i don't think it turned out too bad, and for a fraction of the cost of a custom paint job. paint job would obviously be a lot nicer though...

[/url]

[/url]
Last edited by: SC_NICK: Apr 22, 13 10:50
Quote Reply
Re: anyone ever vinyl wrap their helmet? [SC_NICK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That looks awesome!

Flickr:Csstone495
Twitter:Csstone495
Quote Reply
Re: anyone ever vinyl wrap their helmet? [Csstone495] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks man, wasnt very hard at all once i figured out it was easier to keep the hair dryer blowing on it constantly. the gloss black was a hell of a lot easier to work with too...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
another one i did to match a speed concept project 1 bike.

didnt have my computer with me so i had to take some screen shots from my phone for the process pics.
half of it i used knifless tape, and half of it a good 'ol razor blade. i actually prefer the blade cuz you get a cleaner cut. the sTRIve decal was hand cut along with a name decal on the other side of the helmet.

[/url]
[/url]
[/url]
[/url]
[/url]

[/url]
[/url]
Last edited by: SC_NICK: Apr 22, 13 8:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please break down the process, layers and alignment. This could be applicable to covering vents on some helmets.
Quote Reply
Re: anyone ever vinyl wrap their helmet? [DamonHenry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are a ton of videos on YouTube that show the process ... just search under DiNoc wrap, and soon you'll be wrapping custom fairings on everything!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What kind of vinyl did you use?
Quote Reply
Re: anyone ever vinyl wrap their helmet? [DamonHenry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i updated some process pics for you, theres no layers. basically i just taped off my design and cut it our with a razor blade and peeled away what i didnt want.
Quote Reply
Re: anyone ever vinyl wrap their helmet? [P_Ahart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the brand was avery supreme, it basically just the vinyl they wrap cars/motorcycles in. i think its whats used when they cut window decals and whatnot as well...

check out metrorestyling.com thats where i ordered it from.
Quote Reply
Re: custom decaled aero helmet [SC_NICK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello SC_NICK and All,

Any problems with racing officials and your wrapped helmet?

I am thinking about partially wrapping my helmet and putting on some decals.

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Re: custom decaled aero helmet [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never had a problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you just get some of the samples in the different colors or did you buy a big roll? Thinking about doing something with my helmet and maybe my wheel cover. Looks like a cool idea!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know this is an old thread, but up until very recently I worked for a sign company and we did a lot of vinyl wraps for vehicles. A friend asked me if I could wrap a TT helmet. That was last year.. It looked awesome and complimented the kit rather well. Was asked again to do it again for the 2019 kit. Just finished that helmet but as the design will remain a surprise for a few more weeks, Thought I would post the 2018 version: It complimented the kit well. I did the decals for the draft box and also changed the wheel graphics to match the graphics.

I used 3M IJ180C with 3M Gloss overlaminate to wrap the helmet. This is another popular wrap film. The graphics were made in 3 parts. For 2019 I managed to do it with 2.Same Rudy Project Wingspan helmet. I do not recommend this to anyone. The vinyl will destroy the original decals on the helmet if you attempt to remove it. I also recommend removing the decals completely prior to application as they most likely start to tear off at some point in the installation process and will form wrinkles or will cause lift-off in the process. This is NOT EASY to do. It's also cost-prohibitive. It's also probably against some obscure USAT rule though so far no officials have said anything other than "wow that's cool". It ADDS weight and is slightly less aero.

But it looks really cool.Sometimes that's worth being .0002 seconds slower.

Quote Reply
Re: custom decaled aero helmet [2Chains] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look great!
I am having Richard at Bicycle Makeover wrap my Spiuk Kronos helmet now. We are in the middle of the design phase, and then I will send him my helmet.

Team Zoot-Texas, and Pickle Juice
Quote Reply
Re: custom decaled aero helmet [2Chains] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome look. And, more importantly...

Congrats on leading the fight, on being an inspiration and hope for those who are next up against cancer.

"Outwork your talent." Kevin McHale
Quote Reply