Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri-bike weight on aerobars
Quote | Reply
Just started with P2K, (on the computrainer cos of weather.)

last bike was a standard cannondale with clip on aerobars - not too aggressive, but very comfortable. P2K in forward seat position, but aerobars still high up - flipped stem + spacers. Feels kind of high at front, but at the same time a lot of weight seems to be on my arms, much more than before, causing arm fatigue. Lowering front end is going to make this worse.

Is this normal with forward geometry switch, and should i just assume I'll adapt, or any suggestions?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Don't worry, yet [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't worry about this yet. Naturally more weight is going to be on the arms when you move the seat forward. You will get used to that. The key will be when you hit the road. The question is weather you will have bike handling problems. I am guessing with a P2K at 78 degrees you won't have a problem. I had my P3 over 80 for a while and couldn't handle the bike at all. I was way too far forward.

You will know soon enough when you hit the road.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri-bike weight on aerobars [shw10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that you'll get used to it soon enough. If you think the front setup is too high though, making adjustments on the trainer and trying it for a week or two may be a good idea so that when the good weather comes (in about 2.5 months where I live), you're in a comfy position that you're used to and can get out and hammer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jumping on a P2K from a road bike will feel a bit strange initially, but you should get used to it fairly quickly. I remember my wife not liking her P2K one bit after her first ride on it because she was so used to her Giant OCR. Was the bike professionally fitted for you? If it wasn't you might want to get that done.

Another alternative while the bike is on the trainer is first read this excellent article on fit by Tom Demerly. You should then photograph or video yourself on the trainer and evaluate how your position compares with those Tom describes in this article.
http://www.bikesportmichigan.com/bikes/karma.shtml
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmmm, who fit you?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Tri-bike weight on aerobars [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom

Ok, didn't get fitted properly at outset. Got frame size from measurements sent to Cervelo, and shop said that they could do positioning etc on arrival. No other dealer within about 600 miles. Anyway, turned into a bit of a saga, and it was apparent they weren't best for the job.

I had fitted myself with trial and error to cannondale, (looked and felt good) so thought could do the same with Cervelo. Maybe I will get there - just feels very heavy especially on forearms for now.

Went to a local bio-racer (UK term?) fit shop - they said it would be better to wait til I got used to new bike before doing fitting - does this make sense?

Any suggestions appreciated. I'm currently planning to get an ergostem and play around with that as well as generally getting used to P2.
Quote Reply