Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone Racing Sag Harbor this weekend?
Quote | Reply
Wanted to see what people think of the race.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Animal!!!
Last edited by: muppet: Sep 12, 03 8:44
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Racing Sag Harbor this weekend? [muppet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I raced in it last year. The swim is pretty ideal: it's along the beach from one end to the other and the water was really calm that day. Bring a jug of water to rinse your feet, it gets awfully sandy in the transition area. BTW: I'd be careful on the bike during the 1st 1/3 of the distance. There are some wicked doglegs as well as some sand on the roads which can get a little dicey. After that, the scenery is stunning. The run is pretty much an out and back loop through some residential streets but in the beginning and the end you'll have a lot of traffic along the fairly busy road. Not too many hills to speak of and the ones that are there are short and easy. I hope the weather holds out for you guys tommorow, it's supposed to rain pretty hard. Good luck and have fun!
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Racing Sag Harbor this weekend? [tripoet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah - supposed to rain, which I don't mind too much. Thanks for the advice - will definiteily take it easy on the dog-legs. rode the course 2 weeks ago just to check it out, and it seems that besides 4 or 5 harsh turns, it's pretty much a go-all-out type of course. Will bring the water for the T1 as well.

Thanks again

-R

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Animal!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Racing Sag Harbor this weekend? [tripoet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info. I'll be going out early in the morning and don't know a thing about the race. It will be my first race after a shoulder rebuild earlier this year. I'll be leaving the new Renn wheel home ( too bad) and riding two 404's in the gusty windy, rainy conditions. Good luck to all in the race.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply