Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Sudden Drop in Aerobic Fitness - WTF? [Swimmer78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swimmer78 wrote:
Did you ever find out what it is? I am experiencing the same symptoms and am a D1 swimmer.
In Reply To:
blanco

No, I never did and It's been more than 10 years since the problem started, I've basically resigned myself to not figuring it out.

I'm just this guy ya know?
Quote Reply
Re: Sudden Drop in Aerobic Fitness - WTF? [blanco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What kinda of things did you do to try to solve the problem? Did you see a cardiologist, doctor, etc. Or take any supplements that helped?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Necro-bump here. Background is still in the thread.

Still working on this. I convinced a doctor to try me on some fludrocortisone and I had some relief for the first few days, but then it seemed to fade. In the past, I’ve had relief (longer term, months) from steroid injections. Still unable to figure out what this is, and most doctors are no help.

Because I’ve had DM’s about this in the past, I’m in the military and my job is very important to me. My life revolves around it. I’ve spent over $10k out of pocket because military healthcare (generally) is not good.

I’m still desperate for help as I’d like to take my career to the next level. My next career goal has another screening process and I need to square this away to screen.
Quote Reply
Re: Sudden Drop in Aerobic Fitness - WTF? [Tnw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Long Covid? Convince a doc for a Paxlovid course? It can present like that. BIL as a non athletic lifter had it look like this. Ymmv. Not a doc. Stayed at a Hol Inn Exp last night.
Quote Reply
Re: Sudden Drop in Aerobic Fitness - WTF? [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
Long Covid? Convince a doc for a Paxlovid course? It can present like that. BIL as a non athletic lifter had it look like this. Ymmv. Not a doc. Stayed at a Hol Inn Exp last night.

Unfortunately this started 2 years or so before Covid 19. Been struggling with this for a while.

Every now and then I make desperation posts on here.
Quote Reply
Re: Sudden Drop in Aerobic Fitness - WTF? [Tnw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Occasional desperation post here. Still looking for anything that anyone similar has experienced. Currently wearing a 14 day halter monitor.

Off of all supplements and meds.

The fludrocortisone (.1mg every other day) is the only thing that I’ve convinced a doctor to try that has put a dent in it. Also doing 2 x 24 hour urine collections.

For anyone joining the conversation late, it started years before Covid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swimmer78 wrote:
What kinda of things did you do to try to solve the problem? Did you see a cardiologist, doctor, etc. Or take any supplements that helped?

Did you ever figure anything out?
Quote Reply

Prev Next