Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I confess to unladylike behaviour [carlsomi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quoth Miss Manners:

"If a lady should be running trails and something untoward be projected onto her hand from a forceful nasal exhalation, it is advised she wipe it on mitten, drifit shirt (going in the wash anyway), running partner (if canine, or very open to gross practical jokes), or local foliage * (season permitting). Note that it doesn't really matter what she does or even that she sneezed a ton of snot because let's face it, 'ladies' were frowned upon for running not too long ago and still, in many areas of the world, and no one really gives a damn if you're running and snot-rocketing. In fact, EXALT in your ability to run and launch snot projectiles!"

*Please be aware of local plants and their according poisonous properties.
Quote Reply
Re: I confess to unladylike behaviour [endorphins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hilarious! My hanky is now officially off of my running requirements list. Thank you ladies for allowing me to laugh at myself!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ditto everyone else - no tissues/hankys here! Farmer blow allll the way. I only feel unladylike when I'm with other women and they bust out the tissue. I do always look behind me though to make sure I don't hit anyone. If someone's on my butt and won't get off, I'll do it just for kicks. ;-)

I sadly will confess to doing a farmer blow without thinking sometimes. Like when I'm walking to work from the train in the winter and my nose is stuffy. *blushes* I did it a couple times without even thinking and once I realized, I thanked the snot gods that no one was around to witness. Game is on if I'm clearly in workout gear - then I don't care who sees me. ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: I confess to unladylike behaviour [endorphins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last night, foliage was used.
Quote Reply
Re: I confess to unladylike behaviour [Tri1016] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, instinctive farmer's blows/spitting have become second nature to me.
Especially spitting. I remember going on a long ride with a couple of friends, spitting without commitment, and having one of the guys catch me with a line of drool hanging from my mouth at a pitstop.

Now he's my boyfriend, so go figure. I think as athletes, we're all WAY too comfortable with bodily functions etc... so it's pretty much a requirement that my SO also be okay with it. I mean, I won't pee in front of him, but I certainly have no issues peeing on the side of a race course! Or ... on my bike?!?!

. . . . . . . . .
-julie
Quote Reply
Re: I confess to unladylike behaviour [Tri1016] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run into fighting the instinct as well. I've caught myself in work attire, dress, nice shoes etc, walking across the grocery store parking lot and wanting to blow. Uhhh, maybe not a great idea.

I do agree that in workout wear, game on.
Quote Reply
Re: I confess to unladylike behaviour [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Treadmill at the gym can be dangerous too. Almost caught myself blowing a snot rocket tonight in the middle of some speedwork.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: I confess to unladylike behaviour [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I only just got comfortable spitting snot in front of people when I run and ride. In the past I tried to be "ladylike" about it, especially when I rode with my guy friends.... now I just don't care.

"Though she be but little, she is fierce" ~Shakespeare | Powered by HD Coaching | 2014 Wattie Ink Triathlon Team | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: I confess to unladylike behaviour [taciturned] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
taciturned wrote:
Now he's my boyfriend, so go figure. I think as athletes, we're all WAY too comfortable with bodily functions etc... so it's pretty much a requirement that my SO also be okay with it. I mean, I won't pee in front of him, but I certainly have no issues peeing on the side of a race course! Or ... on my bike?!?!

My husband nearly died the first time I hacked and spit while running with him - this was after HE had spit. Ladylike or not, when you got to spit, you got to spit - or snot rocket. I sweat to much to make tissue or a hanky worth my while. Seems some folks also get grossed out when I wring sweat out of my hair but whatever.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The crossing guard pulled the stop sign at the corner as the light was about to turn red, while waiting I had to blow. So, bowed my head down about top tube height and blew, as you know, sometime when you blow, all the liquid clears out completely and at times some remnants linger, so you have to use your hands and wipe it away & then wipe your hands on some part of your garment. The crossing guard was disgusted & started to move his hand towards his pocket & at the same asking me if I wanted tissue and I said no thanks, that’s what the sleeves are for.
Quote Reply

Prev Next