Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FS: 2004 Cervelo P2K size 52.
Quote | Reply
low milage, 700cc wheels.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=98084&item=7165924740&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

-Erik

"I don't half-ass anything. For me its either whole-ass or nothing." -elake
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 2004 Cervelo P2K size 52. [elake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"If buyer wants UPS shipping insurance, it will require UPS to “professionally” package the bike and may take a few more days to ship."

if you're asking $50 to ship (and you are), or you're shipping an object of considerable value (which, unless someone picks the bike up themselves, you would be), then insurance should be included automatically. why not get a bike store to do your packing and shipping? oh, and consider using Fedex, they're often cheaper than UPS.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 2004 Cervelo P2K size 52. [weiwentg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
because i'm an idiot and i have never sold anything of value on ebay before. I have a nice bike and i am willing to to what it takes to sell it to someone such that we both feel like we got a good deal. I was told that the only way UPS will insure an item (specifically a bicycle) is if they pack it themselves. My source is a friend who just shipped his bike UPS with insurance and when it was daaged they told him he was out of luck because they didn't "professionally" pack it.

-Erik

"I don't half-ass anything. For me its either whole-ass or nothing." -elake
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 2004 Cervelo P2K size 52. [elake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
> My source is a friend who just shipped his bike UPS with insurance and when it was daaged they told him he was out of luck because they didn't "professionally" pack it.

yeah, I've heard of UPS using that excuse to weasel their way out before. my suggestion, get your bike store to pack the bike, and have them choose their most reliable shipper. the UPS office in your region might be reliable and reasonable with insurance claims, or the local Fedex office might be better. so far, I haven't had bad luck with UPS, Fedex, or USPS.
Quote Reply