Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Used Tri-Spoke- how much??
Quote | Reply
I'm in the market for a used rear 650 tri-spoke and have my hands on one but need some advice on how much I should pay. It is a Specialized carbon tri-spoke and takes clincher tires. I'm not sure how old it is but it is (from what I know) the exact same wheel as a HED 3. It is in excellent condition, absolutely true, braking surface is smooth, and the carbon does not have any nicks. No tire, cassette, or skewer included, just the wheel and hub.

Any suggestions on how much I should pay? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Used Tri-Spoke- how much?? [CGTRIGUY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recently bought a specialized 650 tubie for 150, it was unused
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd say $150-250.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
search on ebay and check the closed auctions, that should give you a referance point.

as a side, i am looking for the same wheel, but a front 650 clincher, is the person selling the rear also have a front?

Thanks,

rf
Quote Reply
Re: Used Tri-Spoke- how much?? [rockfish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, it is a pair. Perhaps we could work something out. Contact me offline to discuss- toddmikolop@hotmail.com.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A major bike shop sold me a used one (although they claimed it was new) for $380.

I visited their big red truck while it was at the Buffalo Springs Tri expo in June.

I was shown a new wheel (with a white decal) and told it was the "last one" for $350 or there about. I didn't buy it at that time.

A few days later I called to check and see if it was still available. As luck would have it the same guy answered my phone call. He said he still had it so I bought it.

What showed up at my door was a used wheel with no decals. Don't care about the decals but it's one tell tale sign that it was not the same wheel. The wheel I received had lots of wear and was obviously used.

I plan on shipping my bike to these guys in Oct for the National Age Group Championship race. Wonder what the odds are that I'll get MY bike when I go to pick it up?
Quote Reply
Does it ryme with tri-cycle sorts? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gee, I wonder which shop that was.
Quote Reply
Re: Used Tri-Spoke- how much?? [rockfish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rockfish

i have a 2002 hed h3 650c front clincher w/approx 200mi on it. no nicks or marks that i can remember (i'll look again tonight). i'm looking to sell. if the other wheel doesn't work out feel free to email me.

jayladi13@yahoo.com

jay ladieu
boston, ma
Quote Reply