Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Which Bike - Looking for Feedback...
Quote | Reply
I've really narrowed it down to two bikes based on frame fit and LBS support. These are the Quintana Roo Caliente and the Javelin Arcole. The Arcole is about $550 more than the Caliente and does seem to be a little more refined. Either bike with Ultegra is a significant step up for me. If anyone has any experience with either frame I would really appreciate hearing it.
Quote Reply
Re: Which Bike - Looking for Feedback... [EaganMNTri-Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do a name search to see what I have previously written about the QR.
Quote Reply
Re: Which Bike - Looking for Feedback... [trick cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just finished IM wisconsin on sunday on a T-Class Elite. this was my first IM distance race, was really happy and impressed with both fit and feel of bike even 80 or 100 miles into the bike. never felt cramped or too stretched out at all.

worked on fit of bike extensively with owner David Greenfield. would highly recommend checking him and his frames out before you commit to another company.

www.elitebicycles.com

215-732-8973 Elite HQ
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got an Arcole right after they came out this year. I don't want to sound like a salesman, but I can't say a bad thing about the bike at this time. The ride is really nice, the geometry is flexible, but it has a 25.0 seatpost. So, your choices are the Selcof that comes with it, an American Classic, USE, or a Thomson straight post. It also has a 1" steerer tube fork, so consider that if you plan to re use an parts.

The ride quality is really nice, and I've been on carbon for 4 years. The finish and weld quality is superb.

I can't speak for the Caliente. I like that bike as well, and it has some very nice features. Compare the two, make sure that you fit as well on one as the other, and barring any real $$ differences, get the one that you think looks the fastest all other things being equal.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
O just bought a Caliente and I love it so far. It is my first tri bike so I dont have anything to campare it too. I got a free wetsuit too! I am about 2mph faster on training rides than my lightspeed.

el
Quote Reply