Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How was your week? Jan. 7 Edition [Agilecipher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 7 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
instigator: ugh that sounded like a sucky race :-( you take some time to get yourself better miss.

Jen: I have been eyeballing the Hokas for some time now, I remember monty & Dan raving about them too. With my miles, esp those coming up, might be time to drop the cash on them. Sigh.

As for me, well, last week was mostly a recovery from December week. Did my 31k on Dec 31st, and then went skating twice, snowshoeing with the kids, and did some shorter runs.

Started my planning for Comrades and reviewed the plan with coach F. On the waitlist for the Chuckanut 50k (March); a 25k trail race the week before that (which has a 50k option in case I don't get into Chuck); a 50k certified trail race in May (in case I have a good day it might bump me up a starting pen, if not, it's a good solid last big day).

This week is all about (1) tracking what I eat and reducing sugar, wheat, alcohol intake and (2) starting the "double-longs" with a long Sat and a long Sun (yesterday was 22k trail run up and down a local mountain; today is the 25k race route, also up and down a different local mountain). Mileage for the week should end up ~70km.

Next week, I have to go to Philadelphia for work so I am going to at least do a Rocky run (Adriennnneeee!!!!) in Philly, and abuse the hotel treadmill as best I can. It will be tough to get any real miles, but will aim for frequency instead. Next weekend's long runs will be ~30k/16k.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 7 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are a running monster!!! When you are in Philly, if you want to run trails, check out wissahickon park - it is at the far end of fairmont park - it is a treasure in the middle of Philly!

Since a bunch of you seem to be pretty serious trail runners, what are your favorite shoes? I am finding that I am really enjoying my time on the trails and need new shoes. Current NJ conditions on my local trails is slick mud. My shoes weighed 5lbs each after my run on thursday!!!! I currently run in low end salomon shoes and like how they feel but am curious about the shoes in the next level up.

Good luck with the training AP and i hope you get into that 50k race!
Quote Reply

Prev Next