Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo Soloist
Quote | Reply
I am considering a Cervelo Soloist, any input that may help me make a decision?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Soloist [taskmaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check out the reviews from the Cervelo Web site here:

http://www.cervelo.com/...reviews.html#soloist

From what I have seen and read this is the best bike for a triathlete if you want to have one bike for road riding and use the same bike for triathlons or time trials.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Soloist [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Soloist is a great bike. My final decision came down to a Soloist Team and the Giant TCR Composite.

In the end the Giant won out, but the Cervelo is a mighty fine bike. It handles very well and looks to be quite speedy. However, I've always lusted after the feel of carbon and was able to find a slightly used TCR Composite built up with Dura Ace and Ksyrium wheels for less than a brand new Soloist with Ultegra and stock wheels. The deal was too sweet to pass up.

If you like the Compact Frame design I'd definitely take a look at Giant bikes as well as Cervelo. Not to knock Cervelo's - I'm eyeing a P2K or P3 for my full on Tri bike this next spring.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Soloist [Simple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"The Soloist is a great bike. My final decision came down to a Soloist Team and the Giant TCR Composite. "

I would have gone for the composite frame also at that price. The only advantage of the Soloist is the aero tubing. Cobb estimates that it should make a Soloist about 10 seconds faster over a 40 km TT, but tell that to Team ONCE. Also the Soloist is available in six frame sizes compared to the TCR's four.

Both are good bikes.
Quote Reply