Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Probably one of the dumbest things I ever said to a woman was when my ex was trying on a new dress and asked me "Honey, does this dress make me look a bit heavier". To which I replied "Yeah, I think it does."

Sometimes being honest is the dumbest thing a guy can say.

I feel sorry for guys who get asked this question. YOu can't answer it fairly in most cases without a shit storm. I have no idea why the hell any woman would ask such a question. Do you feel good in it? Yes? Wear it. No? Find something else.
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [luckytotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At one point, my now ex girlfriend (not related to this) mentioned that she was quite fat in her undergrad days.

Since she was athletic this surprised me, and I said "Wow! I couldn't imagine you fat". You're thinking, that doesn't sound too bad, and you'd be right, except that I panicked and though to myself 'Shit! You just called her fat! Think of something quick you ass or you'll offend her!' so I brilliantly added "ter" to the end of that sentence.

We're good friends still and she still teases me about it every once in a while.
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [aca_broj_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"You hardly need to lose any weight at all"
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy shit that's funny!

Susan Harrell
http://www.endurancezone.com

Quote Reply
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [seh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The funniest was his expression of sudden realization after it came out of his mouth. It was good for an easy 5 years of bringing it up and laughing about it.
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At least he realized it after it left his mouth. Does make it funnier too :)

Susan Harrell
http://www.endurancezone.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

The most memorable times where all after I gave birth.
After my first child, sometimes later we were talking to some friends who didnt have kids, and his response was to the effect, "I don't want to talk about it, it hurt too much."
His comment after our second child was born, was "Well, that was easy."
And our third was "I have to go to work now."

My husband says dumb stuff all the time I can't remember them all. I would be able to write a book thicker then a dictionary if I took notes, but I rather he say tactless things and be 100% honest with me then tip-toe around issues, otherwise I would never be able to have a happy and healthy marriage. Although, the 'hey honey look how big my poop is' gets old after 12 years of marriage. What is it with guys and bathrooms?!
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [LPJmom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I want to bang the geek out of you" - ew ew ew. I /love/ being a nerdgirl!

"You're totally like a Botecelli model" - WTF?! I was a little curvy, but NOWHERE that big. Broke my heart.

A couple regulars at the bar I frequent have also taken to calling me "Little miss sunshine". I know they mean it kindly because I'm blond and generally positive/happy, but as a married 29 y/o in a competitive career and a badass sport, it feels demeaning.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [Agilecipher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agilecipher wrote:
A couple regulars at the bar I frequent have also taken to calling me "Little miss sunshine". I know they mean it kindly because I'm blond and generally positive/happy, but as a married 29 y/o in a competitive career and a badass sport, it feels demeaning.

I have a well-meaning friend in Alabama that always comments on any photo I post on facebook, from pics of me spinning wrenches on motorcycles through mud-covered spring classic cycle races and iced-up, deep winter running photos - the stuff that makes you feel bloody badass - with "very pretty, K". I know it's just the effect of him being a man of a certain age from the south, but gawddamnit don't you pat me on the fucking head and try to reduce my abilities and accomplishments to some bloody china doll!

/rant

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
LMAO! I've seen a lot of your pics in these forums - "very pretty" seems... just, wrong adjective. Utter badass destroyer of trails?

Can't they see our inner WARRIORS!?

I play a lot of World of Warcraft and had this as my background on my work laptop a few years ago. Whenever a client would comment on it, my boss was say it was my alter-ego :) He was a good guy.

You are still very pretty, though. I think the mud adds that certain "je ne sais quoi".

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by gjohnson [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At our first or second OBGYN visit when my wife was pregnant with our first child, a very young nurse came into our room and asked for "Nicole" (my wife who was in the rest room) I stood up offerred my hand and said I'm Nick, I mean Nicole. She turned white and left the room. Prenatal humor is right up there with wedding humor.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We used to ride with a guy that seriously thought that all women should be by the stove and pop out kids. Yeah, I know… stuck in the wrong century…

Anyways… we had a good ride with this guy and came to a climb. As usually my wife takes off and leaves us suffering just within view. We get to the top and guy says "You're not a bad climber…. For a women.". My wife answered, "You kind of suck uphill, even for a guy". 5 out of 6 couldn't stop laughing and the 6th never showed up for a ride again.

"Suddenly the thought struck me. My floor is someone elses ceiling"-Nils Ferlin
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [Agilecipher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Botticelli models were quite thin actually.

When it's good, it's good. When it's bad, you suffer.
Dan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Dumb shit that guys say...

"Hi. My name is slowguy. Can I buy you a drink?"

Just dumb. Always gets you in trouble.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb shit that guys say... [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Come to the Womens Camp on Saturday night, April 5-the odds are with you that one out of a dozen will buy that line!

Monty would appreciate a Wing Man with all that estrogen and he provides the margaritas anyway!

You can't lose ;-)

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply

Prev Next