Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Jeans if you've got back? [luckytotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I learned to sew when I was 8. My mom taught me, at one point she was a home ec teacher. She also taught art.

The jeans came out fabulous.... I can't wait to wear them next summer - I didn't have the darts go through the waistband either, I took it off and re-attached it so it was still in one piece - but shortened, and hid the seam I put into the waistband (how I shortened it, since I didn't feel like messing with the front button and buttonhole) under the center rear belt loop.

They are also Paige brand, so there's another vote for them - although I altered mine quite a bit, but it was because I found them for $20 at TJ Maxx and figured the extra work by me was worth the savings, plus with the alterations they are absolutely perfect.

I enjoy making clothes for myself as my 'other' hobby. It's a lot of fun. :)

I think Nordstrom stores have an in-house tailor... a store around these parts called Von Maur does for sure.

Oftentimes local fabric stores will have sewing classes....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GAP makes a curvy cut that is meant for,well, curvier bodies, and although still low rise in the front, are cut a bit higher in the back. This makes it possible to wear them without a belt because they're meant for a smaller waist to hip but also eliminates the dreaded ass crack/thong reveal when bending down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm only 5'2" and round bottomed. I have a stash of Apple Bottom jeans that I got in Detroit and they fit me perfectly other than having had them hemmed. They are pretty blingy (gold stitching on the back pockets), so not for everyone. They are getting harder to find. Not sure if they are being made anymore so once I'm through my stash, I'll have to find something else that fits.
Quote Reply
Re: Jeans if you've got back? [CeeCee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you also have boots with the furrrrrr?

I'm going to have Flo'Rida stuck in my head for the rest of the evening!
Quote Reply
Re: Jeans if you've got back? [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
QRgirl wrote:
Do you also have boots with the furrrrrr?

I'm going to have Flo'Rida stuck in my head for the rest of the evening!

oh yeah... that's the other thing about wearing them.... being teased incessantly :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hudson Jeans (Nordstrom, Saks...)
I swear by these jeans so much I have 8 pairs!!! Signature Bootcut. I'm not sure how tall you are but the come in Petite 31" inseam, Reg 34" and Super Model length 36" inseam. If you want a "skinnier" jean you can also try the Hudson Baby Beth Bootcut....narrow at the ankle....I love them and swear by Hudson...Also try Paige Denim (also at Nordstrom) both jeans have nice stretch I believe Paige has a little more. Good Luck!

"Though she be but little, she is fierce" ~Shakespeare | Powered by HD Coaching | 2014 Wattie Ink Triathlon Team | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Jeans if you've got back? [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm so proud of you... ;-)

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Re: Jeans if you've got back? [KyraMorgan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Hudsons look cute Kyra. Thanks for the suggestion. I had to laugh that the inseam on the petite is 31" and a regular is 34" JFC, where do they breed these super tall women? I'm 5'6" and have never worn a petite anything. I guess if I'd wear any sort of heel I'd probably want an inseam of 32.5, so the regulars and have them hemmed, but still.

--------
Trying to fight gravity on a planet that insists
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ah, the jeans thread revived.
PZI jeans. Though the smallest size they do is a 4. They are made for women who have a large difference between waist and hips. First jeans I can wear without a belt.
www.pzijeans.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next