Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wow! it's fast!
Quote | Reply
I just took the new Renn disc out for the first ride with a Zipp404 front. There is a hill on the Long Island Expressway Service Road near my house that I have been free-wheeling down since July with my two Zipps at 34mph consistently. Tonight I hit 37! I know it's not scientific, and it's not a wind tunnell, but that is some difference! Not only that but while I was riding on the Service Road, I was blowing past all the cars on the Expressway. Oh yeah, it was rush hour and they were stuck in traffic going 10 mph (ha!) This weekend I'll take all my wheels to this hill and post the differences rolling down.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Wow! it's fast! [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What was the wait time for your wheel? Mine is on order still. Only been 3 weeks but I'm a bit antsy.

1*
Quote Reply
Re: Wow! it's fast! [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats the same wheel combo I have. Nice ride!

Slider - my RENN took about 5 weeks to get (as promised by Frank) several months ago.
Quote Reply
Re: Wow! it's fast! [Slider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What was the wait? Only about 4 months! Now don't panic, it was partially my fault. I had shoulder surgery in april and my wife ordered the wheel as a get well present. Frank told her it would take a month. When I called him about a month later he was in the middle of a manufacturers nightmare. He was up to his ears in orders, and up to his ass in problems. Couldn't get decent rims, bad composit, hub problems, shipping problems. So I told him I didn't need it right away and to take his time and take care of the other costumers who really needed their wheels. When I told him I was training again and had a race planned, he told me he would have a wheel for me in time even if it was a loaner to be replaced when he had all his production problems worked out. I got the wheel a week and it was worth the wait. It is straight and true and very light weight. I rode it last night and it is fast, much faster than I ever would have thought. And I have been riding two Zipp 404's.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply