Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pose Method
Quote | Reply
I just ordered a Pose Method video and book. Has anyone tried this? Has it helped with reduced injury? Increased speed? I'm curious.
Quote Reply
Re: Pose Method [jelder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It helped me control and then rid myself of painful chondromalacia (one flavor of runner's knee), primarily by helping me learn to keep stride length short.

I went through a tough year adapting, though. Proper running form (and Pose is merely a good method of teaching proper form; it's not a "new" form) added some serious stress to my lower legs and plantar fascia. The lower leg nagging pain went away after about 8 months, and I am just now getting the plantar fascia pain under control.

The missing link for me has been improving cadence. Increasing running cadence is fiendishly hard. I've taken to running with an electronic metronome clicking in headphones. I've done a long run set on 90 per minute, and I barely could hold on for the full 90 minutes. I've gone 45 minutes at 93. Again, it was pretty taxing and it's hard to keep HR under control. But, I'm going to stick with it as I work my mileage back up after a couple of weeks off.

BTW -- Pose made me no faster, unless you count the fact that my knee got better and I could run more. For a while last fall, I thought the technique was making me faster, but repeated testing at the track dispelled that notion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh boy, isn't the Pose Method a hot topic today?! I'm a huge fan of Pose, not because it builds speed, (it doesn't claim to) but because it allows me to run pain and injury free, after a long battle with I-T Band Syndrome. It teaches great run technique. After you master that, then, as Juian points out, you just have to do the work to increase cadence and build speed. It's a great way to learn to run the right way, though. Good luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Most people don't recognize opportunity because it wears bib overalls and looks like work.
~Teddy Roosevelt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good choice. a couple of things to keep in mind.

1. give it time. first your body has to adjust then your brain. don't worry though the diffrence in how you feel will keep you going.

2. make sure you let your leg fall on it own to support don't bring it down. it takes pratice but makes all the diffrence.

oh yeah. the cult meetings are every thursday at the compund, your head will be shaven there.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oh oh oh one more thing. because you don't need all the fancy dodads on your running shoes with this technique your shoes will be much cheaper.

Quote Reply
Re: Pose Method [customerjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh! and if you're a really good anti-gravity boy, you'll get your P forehead tattoo on the second Tuesday of the third week of the program. But SSSSHHHHH! Don't tell non-believers!

Most people don't recognize opportunity because it wears bib overalls and looks like work.
~Teddy Roosevelt
Quote Reply
Re: Pose Method [kategt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marry me

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cj, take your meds! :-))

this is like the 3rd person you fall in love with on this forum...
Quote Reply
Re: Pose Method [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
your next sweet cheeks.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am sure you're too hairy for me :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you'll get used to it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you know what they say, Francois - 3 times a charm;)

~Teddy Roosevelt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would Sir Jon, but alas - I already have a hubby. Oh, the angst of it all. Remeber...We'll always have Pose.

~Teddy Roosevelt
Quote Reply