Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What about this ebay item?
Quote | Reply
What do y'all think about this? The photo is from the Bikesport Michigan site, but this doesn't seem to be in the same vein as the other descriptions recently taken from Tom's site. I'm not interested in bidding on this frame, just wanted to see if y'all think it's legit or not.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3625380857&category=2918
Quote Reply
Re: What about this ebay item? [rhpreston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I see he bought a $3,000 Cannondale and some aero bars, so he's gotta be involved in the sport and looking to get rid of his old bike. But who knows. That doesn't mean anyone can be a legitimate buyer in the sport on ebay and not rip someone else off in the sport with a crap sell. That would be sad if that did happen. Anyone else?
Quote Reply
Re: What about this ebay item? [bosco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What got me to question it is he says the bike is the exact bike in the photo. Yet we all agree the photo is from Tom's site. And he says he bought it new. Just enough questions raised to make a person wonder.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Personally I think it is legit - but perhaps some bad grammar when describing the frame? He doesn't say that it is the same bike, but that the picture shows the exact frameset that he is selling - which still isn't conclusive evidence that it is real or not.

As with most auctions - try sending the seller and e-mail asking where he got the pictures and if he has any pictures of the scratch on the top tube and that sort of thing. If he's honest he'll say he grabbed the pic from Tom's website and will work out a way to answer your other questions. Otherwise - don't bid.

Just my opinion.

Josh
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure he's legit. The e-mail came back from totaltri.com. It looks like they are selling a year old frameset (says it is a 2002) on e-bay to get it out of the store. I'm guessing they grabbed Bikesport's picture because it had the same paint scheme, not sure why they didn't just take a new one.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: What about this ebay item? [Josh_MN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Personally I think it is legit - but perhaps some bad grammar when describing the frame? He doesn't say that it is the same bike, but that the picture shows the exact frameset that he is selling - which still isn't conclusive evidence that it is real or not.
Yeah, he claim's its the same exact frame as pictured, but his grammer is so bad its hard to assertain wot he really mean's. Too bad hi's parent's didnt send him to skool.
Last edited by: itchyghost: Sep 4, 03 19:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd be cautious based on his feedback rating. 85% is not good. Ask him to send you an actual picture of the bike. If you buy the frame/fork, insist that he use an escrow service, or accept a COD.
Quote Reply