Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

They stole my bike
Quote | Reply
As if it wasn't bad enough that I had to sit out this season with ITBS, but then they go and steal my bike. Now all I've got is swimming.. :(

My husband's mtn bike was sitting right next to it, and there were 9 other bikes in the garage (the apartment garage, we don't have 11 bikes between the two of us) for them to choose from, and they picked mine. It was only a Trek 2000, but for some reason they liked it best. I guess I should be flattered.. It even had a brand new bike seat that I got for my birthday on it, that I only rode three times.

There's no real point to this post, I'm just venting... And now I have to go shopping for a new bike.. :)
Quote Reply
Re: They stole my bike [fartlekker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Renter's insurance, perhaps? At least then you could make a claim. Sorry to hear about your loss!
Quote Reply
Re: They stole my bike [fartlekker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if you find out who did give me a call. me and my softball bat 'tick boy' will have a little chat with the filth.

makes me sick.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Last edited by: customerjon: Sep 3, 03 2:10
Quote Reply
Re: They stole my bike [Jacquie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Under the insurance claim?:

"Trek USPS TT Bike, DA components, FSA cranks, ZIPP 909 wheels..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Animal!!!
Quote Reply
Re: They stole my bike [blinky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, I am sure that this was a Seven with full Record10, carbon Record Cranks, carbon X aero bars, Ti cogs, Zipp 909's and custom CycleArt paint...call State Farm....

That is one of my reasons that all my bikes are stored in my house, and NEVER trasported outside my car. (no racks)

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: They stole my bike [Record9ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even in the car doesn't always help. Several years ago we built two prototype 650c road bikes called the Iridato, I had one and a friend of mine the other. One day they smashed in the window of his car, took the bike and left everything else. Pretty weird, and sort of flattering, but still. So if anybody sees a white Cervelo with rainbow stripes, give me a call.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: They stole my bike [Record9ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually like the racks for the reason that it locks the bike to the car. As pointed out, the windows can be smashed in, and bike removed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Animal!!!
Quote Reply
Re: They stole my bike [blinky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Remember when the GT Olympic bikes were stolen? Not to hard to spot - never showed up though. I was down in jamaca last fall and say TONS of super ass high end MTN bikes...Seven, Merlin, Moots, and on and on...what was funny is these RASTA dudes were on them selling belts and shit...they had no idea what XTR was...but for some reason was on a Titanium XTR bike....maybe that is where stolen bikes go?

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply