Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Renn Lightweight
Quote | Reply
I just got it. It's an early production version with an improved hub and a better rim than the old one's. Frank says it's 100 grams lighter than the original, but damn, it sure feels much lighter than I expected. Perfectly true, round and flat. Too bad it's pouring outside, or I"d take it for a test ride. I'll post more after I know how it rides.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: New Renn Lightweight [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dammit, why didnt i wait to buy the disc until the end of the season!!!????

What was the price difference?

-kevin

p.s. anyone looking to buy an old disc with <200 miles on it?

"Anyone can work hard when they want to; Champions do it when they don't."
Quote Reply
Re: New Renn Lightweight [Kevin_Queens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kevin, Slow down, it's pretty much the same wheel. It has the same composite and filler, 100 grams isn't going to change that much in your time. I am suprised though at how light it is. I remember the old discs that felt like boat anchors hanging off the back of your bike. This one feels like a 28 spoke wheel. Frank made it up for me using the new parts that are just coming in because I waited patiently all summer while he filled orders for all the people who needed their wheels. I could wait because I was injured and I'll be doing my first race of the year in two weeks. I"ll be using it for both of my races then it's wait til next year.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: New Renn Lightweight [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, this isn't the time to call Frank up and ask him to overnight me a disk?

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: New Renn Lightweight [Robert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude, what the man has been through this year has been any businessman's nightmare! He has had composites not be quite right, coupled with a bad storm that had the power out for nearly three weeks in Memphis, a planned trip to Europe to pick up his girlfriend and visit his mother in the midst of all of that, plus various problems with his computer (including shut-down e-mail).

The reason I bring this up was your comment on the Titan Flex thread about answering his e mail. I think your best bet to get a disc is to give him a phone call, and give him a few weeks to give you the best value in disc wheels on the planet.
Quote Reply
Re: New Renn Lightweight [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, will do! I'm soooo accustomed to email....

Thanks,

Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: New Renn Lightweight [Robert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am telling you that if you give him the chance (and nail him down on the phone), he'll treat you right. Tell him I told you to just call him (no, I get no money from Frank).
Quote Reply
Re: New Renn Lightweight [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll vouch for this. I ordered a wheel from Frank about 4 weeks before Vineman and he said he would get me it in time for the race. I sent him an e-mail with some questions a couple of weeks later, and got no response, so I decided to give him a call. I spoke with him directly a few times, and he really took care of me over the phone. Sounds like he's just buried, and e-mail's at the bottom of the priority list.
Incidentally, as a gauge of the extent to which Frank will go to ensure that people get their wheels when they need them, I called Frank about 4-5 days before the race to see if he could still get me a wheel on time, and he told me that the last 4 wheels that had come out where out of spec. He offered to send me a tubular (I ordered a clincher) to race on and then he'd get me the right wheel when he had one. I didn't feel comfortable with this since I've never glued a tubie before, so he actually sent me one of his prototypes of the new wheel USPS overnight to the hotel I was staying at for the race. Awesome wheel, and awesome customer service from Frank.
Quote Reply