Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

marathon- first one
Quote | Reply
well, I did it, I just signed up for my first marathon (Big Sur). Completing this will be a huge hurdle in my quest for an ironman completion.....wish me luck.....

v.
Quote Reply
Re: marathon- first one [veronica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good Luck!!! Have Fun!!!As if the 23 mile mark is fun!...Please post how you did. What is the date?
Quote Reply
Re: marathon- first one [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In my first marathon I went a ways believing the race committee had failed to post the 23 mile marker. I assumed that had to be the case since it didn't appear at nearly the same time interval as the previous 22 markers........
Quote Reply
Re: marathon- first one [veronica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, you certainly picked a doozy of a first marathon. Big Sur has to be the most beautiful race in the country. It's also one of the hardest. Hills, hills and more hills. None of them are killers untill about mile 24. The last one is murder. Get in lots of hill work, race smart, and don't go out too fast. I had my best marathon performance at Big Sur, not my fastest, but my best finish. If you train right, and pace right, you are going to love it!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply