Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? October 29 edition
Quote | Reply

Good morning.
Not sure where Tigerchik is? Probably studying or putting in some miles somewhere?

Anyway - how'd y'all do?
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? October 29 edition [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Goals from last week:

Bike 2-3 times - nope- only once.
Core 2-3 times - nope- only once.
Run over 50 miles - Yes to this one!!!

Goal race Dallas Marathon 6 weeks. That means 4 more tough weeks, and 2 taper.
From now until Dallas, I'm not going to worry about s/b, just core and running.
Goals this week:
Core 3 times
Run > 60 miles.

Happy training.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- run x 5: sort of fail with 4
- bike x 1: WIN
- swim x 3: WIN
- core/strength x 4: WIN

the 6-hour was a mudfest; cold rain started the afternoon before and didn't let up until after we'd finished. broken toe held up ok, wrist only ended up sore (not re-broken) when i fell on it, but i did something awful to my left ankle stepping on a rock hidden under the squelchy mud. going to give it another day or two before i try running on it.

this week's goals:
- run x 2
- bike x 1
- swim x 3

this week is my off season, so i'm not going to push anything - whatever i feel like doing.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
did OK last week and had fun at the CX race on Saturday. However, I was coming down with a cold so didn't race on Sunday.
Cold seems worse today (tues) and therefore I'm just going to hope it doesn't get worse and do what I can do this week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
School has been busy! Thanks for starting the thread.

I had a good week for training. Food was not so good; binged twice. Also did not log $ spent - doing that this week.
Shoulder exercises was a goal. Small "d" done - I did a bunch of external rotation but nothing else.

M - 6.3 mi run + 6600 yd swim
T - 10 mi bike + 2.7 mi run + 5800 yd swim
W - 15 mi bike + 5200 yd swim
T - 15 mi bike + 5600 yds
F - 5 mi run + 1h32 stairmaster
S - 5 mi run + 7500 yd swim
S - 8 mi run + 6 mi bike

totals: 37000 yd swim, 46 mi bike, 28 mi run, 1h32 other

Goals for this week: 1 long ride, 2 other rides, 3 swims, let running take caer of itself. Log $ spent (food and otherwise). Less eating at nighttime (still working on this). No bingeing!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: tigerchik: Oct 30, 12 14:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week:

M: OFF
T: 5mi/CWP -> DONE
W: 10mi -> DONE
R: 5mi/CWP -> DONE
F: optional 3mi/optional CWP -> Off, felt ill like I was fighting a cold, so sacked tthe optionals to focus on the KW (20miler)
St: 5-7mi -> Off, see above.
Sn: 20mi - > DONE!!! The 20miler went great. I did it in only 6min more than my last 18miler a week prior, and on what I felt was a harder route.

This week: busy at work again... sigh, trying to balance stress and work and running volume and not get sick (super cool and rainy these days).

M: OFF
T: 3mi
W: 5mi
R: 10mi
F: optional 3mi/optional CWP
St: 5-7mi
Sn: 20mi - the last BIG run before I start my taper. When I finish this, I will be 3 weeks away from the start line. EEEEPP!!!

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sheesh last week was almost a total fail for me. I did get back in the water for about 1/2 of a full practice....but I had to help a friend who had a bit of a collision during some of it.

I did do the last lake swim on Sunday. I even felt reasonable as far as the swimming part. I'm not enjoying the wetsuit - not sure how people swim with full wetsuits on. There's something either funky about my body, my suit or my stroke that gives me issues. I wind up feeling like my head is being pushed down, like there's too much "stuff" around my neck. And my arms get so tired in the full suit! Of course, I could just be a wimpy swimmer who doesn't like having stuff on my arms or around my neck. The floaty aspect is nice though. And the drag when I pull the suit halfway down about halfway through the swim is impressive, along with the incentive to get the heck outta the water because it's COLD!

I'm just in a general funk right now. Not working out much, eating like crap, sleeping like crap. The pressure at work, the general malaise at home, the changing weather.....I'm just out of sorts.

I need to get my head outta my arse, get back on a program & get the train back on the tracks. It's Thursday of this week, so my goals for this week are basically to survive....try to find some motivation in the remaining few days.

AW
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? October 29 edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had an anxious day yesterday but did not engage in eating disorder symptoms. It was really really hard but I got through it. Rather proud of myself. I am going to get rid of the eating disorder for good; I will I will I will.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? October 29 edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you will you will you will :) strong work!

--------
Trying to fight gravity on a planet that insists
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? October 29 edition [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're at a hard place to be right now. But remember, there's always a light at the end of the tunnel. Just make small goals. You can start next week. You might not jump back to where you were, but maybe working out 2-4 x week. Good luck. We're all here for you.
And I hate wet suits too!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well done! Super proud of you. It sounds like you're really doing well.
And yesterday was Halloween, that seems like double jeopardy. And you made it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Proud of you! That's a win for the good guys! One step at a time girl!

I went for a run tonight! Winners!

AW
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? October 29 edition [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice work. Thanks for the support, too. :-)

Quote Reply