Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2004 Mavic Carbone SSC + Extras
Quote | Reply
If you want only the wheelset we can work a deal. I have these listed on ebay (I am not expecting $800) with a buy it now of $800. If anyone on this site is interested I will pull them out of the auction and sell 'em. Getting deployed so they gotta go. Wheelsets alone have been going around $700 I will sell to the best offer.

Pictures: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7162395915
Here is the description as listed on ebay:

Description

Shimano cassette body, 700 wheels, clincher

These are
2004 Mavic Cosmic Carbones SSC
with less than 400 miles. The wheels are in excellent condition and roll smooth and true. There is little to no indication of brake wear on the rims, and all the original stickers are still intact and in excellent condition. These wheels are very very fast. When I first put them on I noticed an immediate difference compared to box-rims, and the suppleness of the tires was unmatched.

Included: the cassette, set of skewers, spoke magnet, the tubes (60mm valves), rim tape, and two sets of vittoria open corsa evo-ks clincher tires. One set is 23x700 with the front in excellent and the rear in good condition, the other set is 20x700 with 12.8 miles on the front and less than that on the rear (I used only the front, in a race in combination with a disc). These tires are $69.99 new each (4 included total) . For time trials I usually run a 20mm in front and a 23mm in the rear. These are the best clincher tires that I have ever used. This covers everything that you would need to slap them on your bike and ride them in your next road race, triathlon, or time trial.
Included:
Cosmic Carbone SSC wheels Shimano 700
Cassette: Shimano 9 speed 23x21x19x17x16x15x14x13x12
Skewers: Shimano skewers
Vittoria Tires: Open Corsa Evo-KS (2) 20mm 700, and (2) 23mm 700.
Spoke Magnet
Zefal rim tape
60mm valve tubes

Selling because:

I am getting ready to deploy and need to buy a laptop to take with me to the desert, so I can no longer justify having my race wheels. If you have any questions or would like more pictures please ask. Similar sets have been going for around 700 without skewers cassette tubes magnet and 2!! sets of top of the line tires
These wheels are sick and will make all the fly honeys want you and all the guys want to be you.
immidiate payment required for promt shipping[b]
Last edited by: NTM: Jun 9, 05 12:32
Quote Reply
Re: 2004 Mavic Carbone SSC + Extras [NTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not interested in the wheels, as I already have a Carbone front. Just wanted to tell you to be safe and I will be thinking of you back in Wisconsin.

Seamus
Quote Reply
Re: 2004 Mavic Carbone SSC + Extras [seamus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you still have the wheels?
Quote Reply
Re: 2004 Mavic Carbone SSC + Extras [gakin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wheels are sold sorry...

Thanks for your post, it's nice to hear people say things like that. It really does mean something to me, just the other day I had an 80 y/o lady stop me in a grocery store parking lot, when I was in uniform, just to tell me that she was pround of what me and my follow service folk are doing. Thanks, Andrew
Quote Reply