Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Banned item by the U.S. gov for sale
Quote | Reply
Yes, I have a set of Lawndarts. Not the "Jart" brand, but Lawndarts by Sportcraft. They were outlawed by the government, so I can't sell them on ebay. I've seen them go for around $100 but the guy who runs the jart website took down the message board. http://www.jarts.com/

I'm trying to raise some money to buy a hitch rack, so make an offer if you're interested.

The darts are like new, two red, two blue, with the yellow rings and the box. I can send pics if you like.

Sorry, I really did mean to put this in the classifieds. Chaulk one up for us assholes!
Last edited by: damn: Jun 6, 05 19:23
Quote Reply
Re: Banned item by the U.S. gov for sale [damn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
is there any blood on them?

-g
Quote Reply
Re: Banned item by the U.S. gov for sale [Gary Tingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, but it can be arranged. I guess we could chuck them at drafters.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is a great example of retardation. Lawndarts are illegal... but guns, bows and arrows, blowdarts tobacco, and about 1,000 other things 10 times worse are perfectly legal.

Stupid

- Nick
Now that I know some of you guys look through the special needs bags for kicks, I'm gonna put some really weird stuff in mine. I can see it now. "What the heck was he going to do with a family pack of KFC chicken, a football helmet full of peanut butter, a 12 inch rubber dildo, and naked pictures of Bea Arthur?"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you kidding me these have been banned! I played with these for years as a kid at my grandparent's house. They are not "sharp", move VERY slowly in an arc, etc.

I guess you could injury someones foot. I'm just having a hard time picturing some drunk redneck (no offense meant - for illustrative purposes only) with one of those Jarts stuck in his head.

I guess I need to find some now at a local garage sale for posterity sake so my kids don't feel slighted in their rearing :)

Re: Banned item by the U.S. gov for sale [stallion1031] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]This is a great example of retardation. Lawndarts are illegal... but guns, bows and arrows, blowdarts tobacco, and about 1,000 other things 10 times worse are perfectly legal.

Stupid[/reply]

Don't forget cars - they kill more than all of weapons used in violent crime combined.

I think lawn darts got a bad name just because parents saw the neighbor kids (it could never have been their kids) throwing them overhand as hard as possible. But what about tennis ball cans/pre alum beer cans and lighter fluid? Didn't any parents see those tennis ball cannons we made?

Maybe people aren't just seeming more stupid over time but actually are becoming so because all the innocent childhood means of weeding them out have been banned. Bring back dynamite sales at the hardware store!! Sure makes stump removal and fishing easier.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SOLD...what do you want for them?

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Banned item by the U.S. gov for sale [mises] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I think lawn darts got a bad name just because parents saw the neighbor kids (it could never have been their kids) throwing them overhand as hard as possible."

Actually I believe they were banned because of a fatality when a thrown dart hit a young girl in the head. Comparing the dangers involved with a child's toy to cars, lighter fluid, etc...is not very logical. Tennis ball cannons were not made and marketed as a child's toy. They were modified from cans made to...get this... hold tennis balls. The darts were toys that were MEANT to be thrown, and meant to be thrown by CHILDREN. They were banned for a good reason.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't you sell those to Record! He will hurt himself.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So what is the price? I NEED these bad...these will be more fun than the time I launced a pneumatic rocket at my neighbors house...and it penetrated the house into the bedroom (right through the siding, wood backer, insulation, and even the drywall!)

My neighbors love me...and all my fireworks...

Quote Reply
Re: Banned item by the U.S. gov for sale [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Back when you were on the track team, you were a javlin catcher weren't you?
Quote Reply
Re: Banned item by the U.S. gov for sale [Hook'em] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup...I was also the offical cum fountain for the the cheerleaders...they got thirsty you know...and they were willing to work for a drink :-)

Quote Reply
Re: Banned item by the U.S. gov for sale [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If my daughter didn't just make the cheerleading team I might laugh. Guess it's off to an all girls boarding school for her instead cheerleading next year.
Quote Reply
Re: Banned item by the U.S. gov for sale [Hook'em] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry man, I dont prowl for cheerleaders anymore though if that makes you feel any better...but I did leave my shoes...and am sure they were filled...

Quote Reply