Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Abnormal mammogram has sidelined my Ironman race [spintela] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yay, what great news this morning. I admit that I "filed" 3 reminders from my doctor that it was time for mammo/gyn appt and waited till after Ironman, figuring I had no self-check worries and didn't want to add any other stress -- which in retrospect was not at all a good idea, even though the tests, when I finally got there, were all clear. Good on ya for remembering that it's just a race, and our health is always first priority. Enjoy your end-of-season non-IM training, and keep us updated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fantastic!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is fantastic news!! I was thinking about you this week. Enjoy whatever training you do. IM will always be there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know you nor have I posted in this forum but congratulations on wonderful news! What a sigh of relief you must have breathed at that moment. Good to hear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's just fantastic news. Go do something you really enjoy to celebrate! :-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well its me again and this is for the ladies that have had same issues as me. So, after I got my possitive call back from my doctor I told a friend doctor the good news. Well that cut my fun short. He is saying to me that even though I was told the lump in my breats is not cancer he says that if I do not remove it I could turn into cancer in ten years. WTF now he has me all worried so I decided to get a third opinion and I am going to go see an oncologits. But that did not keep from having fun this weeken AndyPants, I went to a wedding and danced all night long had cake got home at 4am and sleep all long.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Take each victory as it comes, celebrate the small things. I'm an optimist by nature & almost to a fault. But there is more than enough negative out there and more than enough to worry about should we take pause and give it enough power to ruin our moment. Each hour that we are given here on earth is a gift to be lifted up and smiled upon. Each coming minute is a blessing to be looking forward to, despite the challenges or hurdles ahead.

Basically, don't waste too much time letting others worry you, there's more than enough that will ALWAYS be there to worry about. You give it power and give it wheels if you let it in. Stay positive, take information as it comes and use it to propel you forward.

Anything can turn into cancer at some point. Don't live your life waiting for it. (I know you're not, but I hope you won't spend too much time letting this bother you as well....)

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ugh. Sometimes people who think they are helping really aren't. I've never heard of having a lump removed "in case" and insurance likely wouldn't cover it without a solid diagnosis.

Good to get another opinion but if that one is clear let it go. I have small calcification that show up in my mammograms and I'm not worried. Boobs have bumps and lumps.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
spintela wrote:
Today I got the good news from my doctor and I am happy to say that all the worrying turned out to be nothing. Well, I do have a lump in there but its not the C word. So, for right now there is a marker that was left inside my breast to check on site and growth and I will be needing regular mammograms to check it out but for right now I am home free. I still am not doing IMAZ even though its still a couple of weeks away I am just happy to be ok and want to enjoy some time off stress free and turn off the full on IM training mode for 2012. Lets see for 2013 and what races I can still do. Thanks for all the support and encouragement you guys are great!

So happy for the good news! Enjoy the fall/winter! :)
Quote Reply

Prev Next