Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Perpetuem, anyone?
Quote | Reply
Just curious if anyone has tried the new product by Hammer Gel/E-Caps. I ordered some and am waiting on it to come in this week.
Quote Reply
Re: Perpetuem, anyone? [mjpwooo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm on my second can of Perpetuem, and I think it's pretty great stuff. I turned a 13 mile run into a 20 a week ago using it. I just didn't feel the need to stop. I also did a spin brick that night and felt strong. And don't mix it too concentrated (1 scoop to a 24 oz bottle seems to be too strong) or you'll feel a need for plain water.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a big fan. I actually drink it for breakfast before early morning workouts. I also used it during a 1/2IM in June and it worked perfectly. I mixed 2 scoops per bottle (about 18oz/water) and had 3 bottles, 1 per hour, on the bike. Switched to hammegel on the run. I had no need for aid stations on the bike and negative split the pretty tough bike course.
If you don't like the flavor, you may be better off with Sustained Energy.

Either product is awesome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let us know how it tastes. They describe it as Dreamsicle. Is that a creamsicle type flavor or a dirt/creamsicle type flavor. Any feedback? Normally I use SE w/ HG. If this is better, I'd certainly consider it. Sounds like they put all sorts of ergogenic goodies in there as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Animal!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have yet to order some because my 55 gallon size barrel of SE is only 1/2 empty, but 2 riding partners swear by it. BUT....both also said it gave them serious amounts of gas.
Quote Reply
Re: Perpetuem, anyone? [blinky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've tasted it. NASTY!!!!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good stuff! Try this, though - mix 3 scoops of Perpetuem with 1/4 cup water, pour into a flask and you have "Perpetupaste", the most palatable and tasty stuff this side of Lava Gel products!
Quote Reply
Re: Perpetuem, anyone? [blinky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's actually the sawdust flavored dreamsicle that it emulates...

The only thing good I can say about the taste of Perpetuem is that it's better than Sustained Energy. But then so is Yak vomit!

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been using it for a month and so far so good. Two scoops are a bit much. I went down to 1 1/2 scoop / bottle.

The taste is really really, REALLY nasty though - just as I imagine drinking chalk dust.
Quote Reply